Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

Re: Imagvue x3???

01 Aug 2013, 08:58

mjau-mjau wrote: (...) I will wait until someone asks "wait a minute. 3rd party services?" ...
I'm up here! :D
I guess you're about flickr, picassa, (instagram perhaps) and so on?

Question about links and file structure: Will the new X3 transfer hashed ("#") and "?" links to right content and language, or it will have different file structure and urls construction?
In other words - would these links work in the new version? :
Flash english: http://phillip.com.pl/ecig-mods/?langua ... iac_5a.jpg
Flash polish: http://phillip.com.pl/ecig-mods/?langua ... iac_5a.jpg
HTML: http://phillip.com.pl/ecig-mods/?/pv-at ... iac_5a.jpg

I'm asking because I left a lot of links around the web and don't want to mess up my SEO :) .

The link above is imagevue backend based HTML5. Didn't integrated settings, only content management panel... :wink:

Martin
Experienced

02 Aug 2013, 01:56

Hi Artur,

Really great product photography!!!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

02 Aug 2013, 03:23

Thank you so much my friend! :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Aug 2013, 04:22

Artur wrote:Question about links and file structure: Will the new X3 transfer hashed ("#") and "?" links to right content and language, or it will have different file structure and urls construction?
That question is a bit ahead of its time, and honestly will not be a concern as we build X3. First of all, we don't want to use #hashtags because its just a workaround to trick the browser into adding history navigation and deep-linking intercepted by javascript. As for ?parameters, this is also inferior compared to using a proper REST URL design, which is not only more elegant to read for humans, but optimal for SEO purposes.

Outdated:
Code
gallery/#/folder/page
gallery/?/folder/page
Future:
Code
gallery/folder/page
As for languages, this I can't answer yet ... Normally, language would be selected by user, and then stored in browser cookie for later usage ... Ultimately, it should not be something you want in the URL, although with current Imagevue X2, I can see the need to use links to separate it ...

The file structure for content will be almost identical, although it will not use XML files to store data.

So to answer the question ... If you are currently using # and ? links, then it would probably be relatively easy to make some redirect script for these items. However, these outdated items will not be part of Imagevue X3. Except for a near-identical content structure, Imagevue X3 will be an entirely unique concept in design and function, so don't expect to be able to carry forwards settings or functionality from X2.

giampaolo

06 Aug 2013, 02:52

Thanks. Can't wait for the new X3. 8)

Andre Boss

07 Aug 2013, 04:47

sounds all very nice, i hope to see it very soon :)

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagvue x3???

07 Aug 2013, 05:53

mjau-mjau wrote: The file structure for content will be almost identical, although it will not use XML files to store data.
Hey!
So my content won't be affected by x3, right? To set up the gallery from scratch is no problem but I would like to keep the content with all foto titles etc...

Any information about a vage release date so far?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Aug 2013, 07:23

tschortsch wrote:So my content won't be affected by x3, right? To set up the gallery from scratch is no problem but I would like to keep the content with all foto titles etc...
You will be able to keep the structure and images. Titles and descriptions may need to get converted with some tool we launch after. Imagevue X3 is ambitious, so if we are going to be able to launch something within reasonable time, it will still be under production after initial launch, for updates.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

10 Aug 2013, 03:26

mjau-mjau wrote: Except for a near-identical content structure, Imagevue X3 will be an entirely unique concept in design and function, so don't expect to be able to carry forwards settings or functionality from X2.
How does this apply for themes?
Will themes be migrated or imported, similar to configuration?
Will a few existing themes, plus more new designs, be available in the new update?

What is the ETA for v3 public beta release?
What is the ETA for v3 public stable to be released?

Will we be entitled to free upgrade?
:)
» I Imagevue X3 «

eskimo121
Experienced

10 Aug 2013, 20:11

A feature request for X3:
An option to display the pictures in a randomized order EACH time a visitor visits a gallery. I know there is a sorting in random order option, but once sorted it displays in the same set order.

It would be nice to shuffle the pics each time a visitor views the gallery as the person may not have time to to go till the end of the gallery on his first visit when there are hundreds of pics in the folder.
He would have to go through the same pics on each visit in order to scroll to the pics in the end. Randomizing them automatically on each visit would display fresh content to him each time and keep the visitor interested!
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Aug 2013, 10:45

Bulletproof IT wrote:How does this apply for themes?
Will themes be migrated or imported, similar to configuration?
Will a few existing themes, plus more new designs, be available in the new update?
Sorry but I need to make it clear that a new Imagevue version will not have many design familiarities with current version X2. It would be like upgrading from horse- & carriage to a car, and wondering if you can till use the horses. Some of you may not like the idea of Imagevue changing entirely, but as people and technology mature, so will Imagevue. Thus, we cannot allow compatibility issues to come in our way as we pursue our next creation.

There will be similar themes in terms of colors and fonts, but the layout will not be the same as X2 so it wouldn't be right to compare them. In fact, theming of new version should be very flexible and consist of multiple aspects, making it very flexible:

Skin
This will generally be the main theme file (CSS), and can be used to change all non-structural styles like color, font, styles, background etc. Consider it like painting a house ... You can choose lots of colors when painting the house, but it will not change the structure or layout of the house.

Layout
This option will set the main layout and structure of your gallery website. There may for example be choices of a layout with menu on the left, or menu on top.

Templates
Page templates will generally decide how the content of your pages displays within your gallery website, regardless of layout or skin. When you create a new page(folder), you may for example choose slideshow-layout, columns/thumbnails, vertical full image, contact page or you can even have custom templates.
Code
What is the ETA for v3 public beta release?
Sorry, we need a bit more time before I feel confident to say anything at all about this.
eskimo121 wrote:A feature request for X3 ...
No problem. Much functionality like this will be moved to the frontend (javascript) for next version.

giampaolo

15 Aug 2013, 10:48

It's been a while since I wanted to stop using imagevuex. But if there's a new version, I'm interested to stay with this solution. Can we have an approximate date of when version 3 will be available? Vaporware? :)

grimurnet
Experienced

Imagvue x3???

15 Aug 2013, 16:14

Yes it is time for imagevue to move to the next level, it will be interesting to see what will come. Will it be open source or still a paid version? If it will be a paid version will it be a free upgrade for current customers?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Aug 2013, 06:09

Questions are coming in thick and thin now every other day. Excuse my short answers, but I feel its untimely to go into depth as it just triggers more questions.
giampaolo wrote:It's been a while since I wanted to stop using imagevuex. But if there's a new version, I'm interested to stay with this solution. Can we have an approximate date of when version 3 will be available? Vaporware? :)
As I quoted a few days ago ...
mjau-mjau wrote:Sorry, we need a bit more time before I feel confident to say anything at all about this.
I can't really change anything quite yet, but for now I will just say in good time within 2013.

Vaporware? Interesting phrase, I had to look it up! Well I am working on the concepts currently, so hopefully it is not vapor ...
grimurnet wrote:Yes it is time for imagevue to move to the next level, it will be interesting to see what will come. Will it be open source or still a paid version? If it will be a paid version will it be a free upgrade for current customers?
It will be a paid solution just like before. Of all the open source solutions out there, 95% are crap anyway ... There are some quality open source projects out there also, and in fact I am pretty sure I know which one you may be thinking of. However, they do not get maintained very well in the long run, simply because the creators are busy with other stuff ... We want to launch something which is so well crafted that you prefer to pay the relatively small fee instead of selecting another solution. Also, there will likely be a small upgrade fee ...

As I mentioned to someone in a PM recently, I will be launching a new website shortly which will feature a lot of the technology that will be featured in new Imagevue X3, including the framework, loading mechanisms and display mechanisms.

I am really sorry if some people feel the wait is unaccounted for, and I really cannot prevent anyone from looking into other solutions if thats what they want. All I can say, is that I recommend staying tuned with us if you want to see some really cool stuff coming up.

Martin
Experienced

16 Aug 2013, 15:39

mjau-mjau wrote:...Also, there will likely be a small upgrade fee ...
No problem at all...you guys have given us so many free upgrades over the last years, I've no objection paying for a complete new product!