Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Bluiet
Topic Author

problem with google images

11 May 2013, 10:33

good morning,
i'm setting up the photo gallery for my hotel and before launching it i want to be sure it runs perfectly ok.
question 1)

right now i'm having this issue, many of the images i have in the gallery have gone up in the google section images, but when i click on them and go on the page, it loads the gallery but not the image.
is it beacause i have changed the folders while deciding the best way to present it? and if so how should i solve this?
or is only beacause google index it without the %20 symbolizing the spacE?
here is an example of what i mean

if you search moio & sivelli on google my image will be the second result
https://www.google.it/search?hl=it&site ... 99&bih=781

but if you click on it and say go to the page it will redirect you to
http://gallery.arthotelgranparadiso.com ... 101+-+Moio+/

instead of
http://gallery.arthotelgranparadiso.com ... 20Moio%20/

so you get no images in the link and the result is spoiled,
do you have any suggestions?

question 2)
anyway to upload files more than 1.x mb in the mp3 folder?

question 3)
can i add custom image as background ?
i'm trying to custumize the theme but it makes me decide only beetween a list not add my own path for an img

question 4)
any suggestions on the gallery itself?

p.s. any updates on the audio player component bug?
thank you very much
Ignazio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: problem with google images

12 May 2013, 01:35

Bluiet wrote:right now i'm having this issue, many of the images i have in the gallery have gone up in the google section images, but when i click on them and go on the page, it loads the gallery but not the image.
is it beacause i have changed the folders while deciding the best way to present it? and if so how should i solve this?
or is only beacause google index it without the %20 symbolizing the spacE?
here is an example of what i mean

if you search moio & sivelli on google my image will be the second result
https://www.google.it/search?hl=it&site ... 99&bih=781

but if you click on it and say go to the page it will redirect you to
http://gallery.arthotelgranparadiso.com ... 101+-+Moio+/

instead of
http://gallery.arthotelgranparadiso.com ... 20Moio%20/

so you get no images in the link and the result is spoiled,
do you have any suggestions?
Hmm this is strange, something with the way redirection from html version is made. It would have been solved though if you used the admin to create folders instad of FTP, because then you would have "nice urls" instead of "%20". You should use folder names like "101-Moio" not "101%20-%20Moio%20". If you need to make extended names, then you can use TITLES which are available from the admin. I will check the issue with Nick.
Bluiet wrote:question 2)
anyway to upload files more than 1.x mb in the mp3 folder?
Likely your server host has a limit of < 2mb from http upload. You can ask them to change it, but they may say no. Then you will need to upload all files 2mb+ by FTP.
Bluiet wrote:question 3)
can i add custom image as background ?
i'm trying to custumize the theme but it makes me decide only beetween a list not add my own path for an img
You cant just load an image from any location ... It needs to be inside the custom theme folder. That is why there is an "Upload Background" button when you are in theme edit mode:
After uploading, it becomes available in the list.
Bluiet wrote:question 4)
any suggestions on the gallery itself?
Looks good. I find the booking element slightly distracting on my small 13" screen. Could it not have some collapse mechanism so it tucks away at bottom left?
Bluiet wrote:p.s. any updates on the audio player component bug?
Adobe said on Friday "Unless something critical comes up, a new public Flash player version should be launched on Tuesday May 14".

Bluiet
Topic Author

12 May 2013, 09:29

first of all thank you for your reply,
the booking is just an experiment, we're working on implementing a central top version that just appears on click.
the problem with the folders still remains, and i have to add i have always worked on the gallery through admin, never through ftp.
if you have any ideas on how to solve please let me know,
Ignazio
p.s. i just reread your answer:
Hmm this is strange, something with the way redirection from html version is made. It would have been solved though if you used the admin to create folders instad of FTP, because then you would have "nice urls" instead of "%20". You should use folder names like "101-Moio" not "101%20-%20Moio%20". If you need to make extended names, then you can use TITLES which are available from the admin. I will check the issue with Nick.
does this mean that i have to change all my folder names without spaces?
thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 May 2013, 14:52

Bluiet wrote:does this mean that i have to change all my folder names without spaces?
It is not possible to create new folders with spaces from the Imagevue admin, so I am not sure how you did that. As for your question, well it would solve it if you renamed folders without spaces, but it should not be redirecting incorrectly.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 May 2013, 21:50

This is exactly why they use dashes in url everywhere, so the spaces won't be translated to %20
firedev.com

Bluiet
Topic Author

15 May 2013, 08:49

dear Karl and dear Nick,
i can assure you i only worked with the admin and the folders are not with spaces, i am thinking that maybe , i don't know why, google image indexes the titles and not the folder name, beacause i only used the spaces there, what do you think? do you have any suggestion on how to solve this? as not working would loose me a lot of traffic, that is one of the main reason for this gallery,
best
Ignazio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 May 2013, 23:51

What do you mean "the folders are not with spaces"? I had a look through your folders, and I could not find a single folder that did not have an empty space in it. Let me point out that %20 represents an encoded "space" when added in URL, and it is not possible to create folders with spaces from the Imagevue admin. You can of course moderate TITLES with spaces.
http://gallery.arthotelgranparadiso.com/content/Artist Rooms/2011/Claire Fontaine/
There are clearly spaces in your created folder names. The problem is a nothing to do with Google, as its correctly indexing the html pages it comes across. The problem happens when your server tries to redirect folders with spaces in them, it converts to the "+" characters instead of %20 character. It would be solved if there was no spaces in your folder names.

Bluiet
Topic Author

16 May 2013, 09:17

sorry if i explain the problem wrong, i'm just learning all this things,
i can assure you that you can create folder with spaces with admin
i just rechecked right now.
maybe you should restrict that?
anyway correcting this all will take really a long time, so can you explain me the ftp thing you were saying?
if i download a ftp client will it be easier to change all thos names?
and is this the only solution? folders with no spaces and than titles with spaces?
thanks
Ignazio

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

17 May 2013, 04:04

Try this patched version of /iv-includes/assets/js/swfaddress.js
firedev.com

Bluiet
Topic Author

17 May 2013, 07:15

what do i do with it? if i click on it just a lot of code appears.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 May 2013, 14:18

Bluiet wrote:what do i do with it? if i click on it just a lot of code appears.
Right-click the link, download the file, and then update the file on your FTP in the following location:
iv-includes/assets/js/swfobject.js