Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

shadoukat
Topic Author

background color of social sharing box

09 May 2012, 02:58

Hi,

I have been trying to change the background color of the social sharing area and I cant find it. Can someone please tell me where to change it?
Also, changing the font color in the same box.

thanks in advance. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: background color of social sharing box

09 May 2012, 03:12

This is in the CSS that you must have added at one point - Go to admin -> settings -> Custom CSS -> Html Gallery CSS. You will see a chunk of CSS code for the "social thing".
Code
.background { background: url(halfblack.png);}
We use a semi-transparent black background for the background color, basically because this has better browser support for transparent background. You could easily just use a normal color, but you will loose the transparency effect:
Code
.background { background-color: #FFFFFF;}
To change the color of the text:
Code
#imagevue-layer .service .container a {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; font:15px Optima,Candara,arial,sans-serif;}
Just change the color in the above ...

shadoukat
Topic Author

09 May 2012, 12:45

I should probably have mentioned that I am currently running v 2.6.4.
I dont really see the custom css area in the current settings, so it must be a newer feature.

I was waiting for the new release of the software to handle the smartphones and such... do you recommend I just update to the v 2.8 beta? or should I wait for a more stable release?

thanks for the quick response... :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 May 2012, 12:59

No reason not to update to X2.8 beta, which should be released public within 2 hours. We will notify in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7505&start=30

If you prefer to avoid the hassle of updating files, you could wait for 2.8 final which should arrive within a week.

Regarding the social sharing box, exactly what do you mean? If you are using it, then you definitely have settings somewhere ... But now I am wondering if you mean the share buttons in the flash gallery itself ...

shadoukat
Topic Author

09 May 2012, 13:18

hi again,

I will wait for the final release to update it, since it will be less of a hassle. Could you guys also write a small write up on how to upgrade from v2.64 to v2.8? since the only update docs are to update from older versions.

As far as the social box, you can see my website here: http://www.eventsbylavie.com/home

you can notice that if you hover above the social sharing are, it is white on white within the box and it is impossible to read over a white background. those are the areas I am trying to change.

thanks again!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 May 2012, 02:35

The share box automatically uses the background color of the theme ... It seems you have built your theme from a dark theme into white, so that some items have become incompatible visually. I would have suggested that for this theme, you should have started from the "white" theme instead. Basically you have a BODY color that is the same color as your background color, and so you are overwriting all styles just to change individual font colors.

So, this can easily be solved also for the sharing box. Just go to your theme CSS stylesheet, and find the code:
Code
.sharemenu {
	font-size: 12px;
}
Add a color, for example:
Code
.sharemenu {
	color: #555555;
}

shadoukat
Topic Author

10 May 2012, 03:35

thanks for the response. When I went looking for the code in the stylesheet, it did not exist, so I went ahead and added it.
You are correct, I should have started the theme on the copy of the white one, but I will do that once I update to the latest release to make it less of a mess.

I was able to change the font color with your help, but i tried adding the background color to the box and it's not working, can you please tell me if this is correct?

.sharemenu {
color: #555555;
background-color: #d9eadb;
}

thanks again! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 May 2012, 04:12

CSS in Imagevue is only for formatting the text, not backgrounds or anything. Flash cant handle that.

The background is inherited from your main theme background, and this can not be changed unfortunately.