Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Crash
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

20 Jun 2012, 06:40

mjau-mjau wrote:
Crash wrote:One observation: If you have files in your root content folder, you can't access them directly by putting their address into the browser.
You can load them by clicking in the gallery but you can't link to them from outside.
Instead, you just get a blank screen apart from the menu items.
Technically, you are not supposed to have files in your root content folder, because they are not accessible by any menu system (which is the fundament of Imagevue). May I ask what the purpose of this might be?
Crash wrote:If you click on a gallery folder after trying this, it loads to first image in the subfolder straight away, rather than showing the folder's thumbnails. If you link to a file in a subfolder, it shows fine.
Well, if the first problem goes away, this one will also. This happens probably because Imagevue cant figure out what folder you are trying to load ... Imagevue always loads a folder data before showing images.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jun 2012, 12:01

Crash wrote:- I don't necessarily accept that it should be less secure having files in the root folder.
- It's the only way of making the flash and HTML file structures work the same and show the same content when you go into each.
- Addressing root files by URL worked fine on the 2.7 versions.
I didnt say its less secure, but I am saying thats the way Imagevue works, at least after we chose to remove the somewhat superficial "content" address in the path, that not only seems unnecessary, but gives away direct path to files. Some more rinfo you might find useful:

* With Imagevue X2.8, what users do you have that are using the html version? Non-flash devices are forwarded to the mobile version, while flash-devices are forwarded to the flash version.

* There is already new setting for the html gallery: settings.htmlstartpath, where you can set the start path for your html gallery. If you want, you can set it to the same as the flash gallery. Why is it practical to have different settings for this? Because the flash version has a lot of special page features like slideshow/filemod etc., that dont work for html. Best to be able to set them separately.

MikeR
Experienced

20 Jun 2012, 12:12

Nick wrote:Let me expand my answer.
MikeR wrote:Is it possible that the link opens the standard mobile version (with resize, swipe....) when I open it on a mobile platform, and opens the standard flash version when I open it from a PC or MAC with flash installed.
If you share the image form the Flash gallery it sends the universal link that autodetects your devices and shows the appropriate gallery. Shares from the HTML galleries are handled by AddThis. Thank you for bringing this into the spotlight, we have fixed them so mobile gallery shares the universal link too. Now this is resolved at least. Unfortunately the Addthis share-by-email interface is a complete disaster on mobile so we plan to have our own email sharing subpage in the future.

The mobile landing page is not a replacement for the main gallery. We can't show any image we want in the swiping inteface this is why we use the landing page which is significantly improved since the last beta release.
Hello Nick,

I've tried the beta 9 on a new folder (so no problem of cache etc...)

When I share an image from the mobile version (IPAD) :

- if I open the link in the email on a PC, it opens the flash version OK, it's perfect now
- if I open the link in the email on the ipad, iphone, it opens the image in the mobile version OK but it's always not possible to swipe or even change image (because there's no arrow to see others images in the portfolio)(the only solution is to use the left arrow at the top left of the screen to go to the standard mobile version).

Even if it's not a big problem, I hope one day it will possible to come from a link (in the email) and use the standard mobile version instead of the landing page.

Thanks for all the work done ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jun 2012, 14:57

MikeR wrote:- if I open the link in the email on the ipad, iphone, it opens the image in the mobile version OK but it's always not possible to swipe or even change image (because there's no arrow to see others images in the portfolio)(the only solution is to use the left arrow at the top left of the screen to go to the standard mobile version).

Even if it's not a big problem, I hope one day it will possible to come from a link (in the email) and use the standard mobile version instead of the landing page.
We are aware of this issue, and the "landing page" you see from shared links on mobile is currently a compromise solution because we cant access the photoswipe interface by shared links, so we had to build our own. In the future, we hope to overcome this compromise.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jun 2012, 15:12

We have now released Imagevue X2.8 official in downloads section. This is pretty much the same as X2.8 Beta 9 released a few days ago. Although this is an official release, there will naturally be future minor releases of X2.8, but we feel we have arrived at a point where there are no obvious flaws. It has been a long beta period for this release, mostly because of an entirely new mobile frontend, so we would like to thank all you beta testers who have been patiently along for the ride!

The next days (and weeks), you will see us rolling out a lot of new posts and documentations on the new X2.8 release, related to the new mobile interface and other new features!

Imagevue X2.8 - June 21, 2012
New Mobile Gallery
New Flash Gallery Themes with color variations
MP4/M4V Video playback
View on the map geodata support
Nicer URLs without /content/ folder
All user configs, themes and languags are stored in iv-config folder
Caching for very large galleries if iv-config/cache is writable
PHP5.4 Compatibility
Revamped examples
Various usability and general improvements
HTML Start path option
Dedicated Menu Logo option
New lightbox option javascript:lightbox(url [, { params}]).
Lightbox substitutes popup windows and open in new window as default
Contact form sends e-mails with an image
Added bottom_right for text positions
Contact form spam protection
[x] HTML [x] Flash [x] Mobile, platform/device selector for folders
Thumbnails -> Thumbnail -> Background Color for PNG thumbnails and images
SEO -> Google Analytics Global option
Various minor SWF fixes

tschortsch
Experienced

20 Jun 2012, 15:26

mjau-mjau wrote:However, as far as I could see, your "China" folder is a normal folder with subfolders in them ... It was not a textpage (and I dont see how it could be).
I set the China folder as a textpage on trial without any content, so that only the textpage title showed up in the mobile gallery as well as the subfolders underneath. As a result the image within the China folder, which is only used for the menu thumbnail, is hidden. It works and of course I know it's not an elegant way... I'm wondering that it's only me who would like to have mobile menu thumbnails/icons which are not shown in the corresponding folder. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions!

eskimo121
Experienced

20 Jun 2012, 16:33

mjau-mjau wrote:We have now released Imagevue X2.8 official in downloads section. This is pretty much the same as X2.8 Beta 8 released a few days ago.
wasnt BETA 9 released already?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7505&start=315

:?:
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

alexhenes
Experienced

20 Jun 2012, 18:14

is there anyway to remove the share button from the mobile site but keep it for the flash site? I like how it works on flash... however on my phone the share process completely diverts the user from my site.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Jun 2012, 02:11

alexhenes wrote:is there anyway to remove the share button from the mobile site but keep it for the flash site? I like how it works on flash... however on my phone the share process completely diverts the user from my site.
Add the custom Mobile CSS:
Code
.button.share { display: none } /* removes the button */
.iv-header .t { margin-right: 0 } /* collapses the empty space to the right of the header */
firedev.com

Martin
Experienced

21 Jun 2012, 02:27

Hi Karl and Nick,

Yesterday... at last... I was able to hop on your mobile train and I'm really very happy with it!
Quite impressive... looks really lean and mean :D

Just two questions (for now :) )

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Fotomoto would become an option before final release.
I must admit I've installed the beta9 and not the final one, but in that one I could not find it.

Second, I also found that changing the footer depends on authorization.
Well, my site is authorized, but I'm not able to change the setting for it.

But anyway: thank you both so much for your efforts!
Last edited by Martin on 24 Jun 2012, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Jun 2012, 06:58

Regarding Fotomoto there are few sides to the story. First of all it doesn't really work on the iPhone, their widget works on on the iPad, but on the iPhone or anything smaller it simply doesn't fit on the screen. And judging by their answers in the support forum they are not very eager to change it.

Then there is a technical issue with adding buttons to the image view. We couldn't find a workaround and this is why you can't share the image from the mobile gallery.

And to sum it up, I am not convinced that many people would buy Photos from their mobile phones or tablets, simply because it's hard to enter the card number, hard to see the bigger image etc.
firedev.com

alfie

21 Jun 2012, 07:10

great Job on X2.8 Mobile. Looks realy nice! http://lightshades.de

One Question: Is there a way to display the thumbnails ordered in lines and collumns like in the flash- and html-gallery. I tried different setting with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 collumns but always the same littel problems that the pictures flow chaotic in thumbnailview becouse of strait and square pictures..
wit 1 collumn the thumbnails display in bad quality becouse they are of 160px size and get upscaled for display on iphone.

any hint to solve the thmbnail view chaos? than I'm completely happy 8)

greetings from germany
alfie

Martin
Experienced

21 Jun 2012, 07:52

Nick wrote:.. I am not convinced that many people would buy Photos from their mobile phones or tablets...
No Fotomoto is no problem... didn't sell much anyway :) ...
only have to change some info-text about it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 Jun 2012, 09:08

eskimo121 wrote:wasnt BETA 9 released already?
You are right, sorry. I have now changed the text. Doesnt make much difference anyway, as this is the latest release!

grimurnet
Experienced

21 Jun 2012, 09:11

I for some reason don't get anything when viewing the videos folder, I just get a blank page.
Check it out here: http://gallery.grimur.net/, you have the credentials to login, sent it via pm.
This only happens in mobile version. Is it because it is flv?