Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Crash
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

17 Jun 2012, 17:20

One observation: If you have files in your root content folder, you can't access them directly by putting their address into the browser.
You can load them by clicking in the gallery but you can't link to them from outside.
Instead, you just get a blank screen apart from the menu items.

If you click on a gallery folder after trying this, it loads to first image in the subfolder straight away, rather than showing the folder's thumbnails.
If you link to a file in a subfolder, it shows fine.

alexhenes
Experienced

17 Jun 2012, 22:58

Error: Failure to load...

I am getting this every now and again on the flash side. Please see attached.
Attachments
Capture_resize.PNG
Capture_resize.PNG (83.9 KiB) Viewed 9189 times
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

grimurnet
Experienced

18 Jun 2012, 07:43

alexhenes wrote:Error: Failure to load...

I also get this error sometimes.

MetAtroN
Experienced

18 Jun 2012, 10:48

Something's wrong with scaling when on theme tab. Please see attachement. To see the 'preview' button I have to zoom out browser window and there is no slider at the bottom of browser window.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
screen capture
Capture.PNG (116.62 KiB) Viewed 9148 times

grimurnet
Experienced

18 Jun 2012, 12:16

Where can I download the newest version of imagevue? I get Service Temperarly unavailable when I go here https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip
It would be easier if there would be a beta section in the Download page so one can check from time to time if there is a newer version. There would be like imagevue v2.8 beta 9, so one can check if one has the latest update. Just an idea :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 16:52

Imagevue X2.8 β9
https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip

MP4, M4V Playback for all galleries
Audioplayer fix
Fixed sharebox positioning in main menu
Improved sharing landing page in Mobile
Improved large controls visibility in themes
Sharing is now shares universal URL from all galleries
Fix for PHP 5.4
Fix for separation of EXIF, IPTC and XMP
Fix for color.css carbonizer theme
Fix for empty visibility selector in new folder
Various usability and general improvements
+ much more

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 16:56

Crash wrote:One observation: If you have files in your root content folder, you can't access them directly by putting their address into the browser.
You can load them by clicking in the gallery but you can't link to them from outside.
Instead, you just get a blank screen apart from the menu items.
Technically, you are not supposed to have files in your root content folder, because they are not accessible by any menu system (which is the fundament of Imagevue). May I ask what the purpose of this might be?
Crash wrote:If you click on a gallery folder after trying this, it loads to first image in the subfolder straight away, rather than showing the folder's thumbnails. If you link to a file in a subfolder, it shows fine.
Well, if the first problem goes away, this one will also. This happens probably because Imagevue cant figure out what folder you are trying to load ... Imagevue always loads a folder data before showing images.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 16:57

alexhenes wrote:Error: Failure to load...

Can you please send a link also? This is a filemod failing to load, which seems to insinuate that you have a folder set to filemod, and that it cant find the custom filemod. It could be cached SWF vs new PHP files also. I would need to diagnose it with debugger ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 16:58

MetAtroN wrote:Something's wrong with scaling when on theme tab. Please see attachement. To see the 'preview' button I have to zoom out browser window and there is no slider at the bottom of browser window.
What beta are you using? This should be fixed last release if not before. I would try emptying browser cache, because it might be in CSS.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 16:59

grimurnet wrote:Where can I download the newest version of imagevue? I get Service Temperarly unavailable when I go here https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip
It would be easier if there would be a beta section in the Download page so one can check from time to time if there is a newer version. There would be like imagevue v2.8 beta 9, so one can check if one has the latest update. Just an idea :-)
Yea it would be easier, but it would be awesome if we could just release it instead, which is our intention now .. The link worked from here, does it work for you now also? The beta link is always the same, and we post here when we release. There has been a lot of fixes though, so we havent been wanting to bang the drums for every release, as this would be counter-intuitive for most users.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 17:01

tfm426 wrote:2 things
i have just downloaded b8 on mobile the link arrow is missing but the links still work also the + for the tree is missing and in gallerys the back arrow is now missing?

the new vidio player shows as a very small area with scroling at right and bottom and will not play my flv file on flash and nothing in mobile?
We updated video player in latest beta (tonight), so I suggest you re-download. Important to make sure all files get updated, and also to empty your cache. I can confirm that arrows are there ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 17:04

pegasus-express wrote:i don't know if anyone asked this, but is it possible to change the design of the mobile website?
not only white & dark.

i want to change the colours of the menu-buttons. but i don't know if this is possible
Change the design? Generally no, but you can override colors by using custom CSS. The menu buttons are graphic files though, so you cant just recolor them with CSS. You would need to change them and overwrite the current graphic files.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 Jun 2012, 17:07

tschortsch wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote: I am not sure how you expect us to solve this in a logical way. You have uploaded an image into the folder, and then you want Imagevue to guess somehow that it shouldn't show the image. It would need to be some hack some way, but we would need to focus on it, and right now we are busy trying to release Imagevue X2.8 mobile, so this will come first.
I totally agree! Is it possible to deactivate the title of text pages in the mobile gallery somehow using custom css? This would work well if I set the folder as a textpage with no content..
Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with this, but yes that should be possible. Go to admin -> settings -> Custom CSS -> Mobile Gallery CSS, and try to apply this:
Code
.textPage h1 {display: none !important;}

alexhenes
Experienced

18 Jun 2012, 21:07

alexhenes wrote
Error: Failure to load...

Can you please send a link also? This is a filemod failing to load, which seems to insinuate that you have a folder set to filemod, and that it cant find the custom filemod. It could be cached SWF vs new PHP files also. I would need to diagnose it with debugger ...
This was the folder I was in when I received this error.... however I have received it in other places on the site as well. It doesn't happen all the time.

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/#/what ... 20zealand/
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

eskimo121
Experienced

18 Jun 2012, 21:08

Videos not being displayed properly on Firefox 12 , Windows 7 , screen resolution 1366*768 , Orientation: Landscape.

When i click on a video i only see the top strip. Video does not play either. Does Firefox not support mp4 format?

Check attached image :
Attachments
test1.jpg
test1.jpg (35.79 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures