Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Christopher
Experienced
Topic Author

How to setup margins for thumbnails within folder parameters

11 Apr 2012, 03:49

It appears this should be possible, but my tests thus far have not yielded success.

On my website I have different folders/galleries. At the moment, all thumbnails are
of course using the global margins I've setup for them.

Is it possible to setup thumbnail margins for a specific folder and if so, could anyone
give an example parameter setup?

My tests are using variations of: thumbnails.thumbnails.margin=170,220,200,220

Thanks for any thought anyone might have!
Christopher

http://www.christophergrant.net

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How to setup margins for thumbnails within folder parame

12 Apr 2012, 05:37

This positioning is a bit more complicated, because not only is there margin, but there is maxwidth, minwidth, maxheight and minheight for the thumbnails "area", that controls how big or small that area can get. So changing margins alone might not necessarily change anything if your thumbnails fall within the max area or min area.
Code
<min_width type="integer" description="Sets the minimum width for the thumbnails area" range="0,2000">200</min_width>
<min_height type="integer" description="Sets the minimum height for the thumbnails area" range="0,2000">200</min_height>
<max_width type="integer" description="Sets the maximum width for the thumbnails area" range="0,2000">700</max_width>
<max_height type="integer" description="Sets the maximum width for the thumbnails area" range="0,2000">600</max_height>
Try increasing the max* values to much higher, and then I assume your margins will actually get the opportunity to kick in ...

Christopher
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: How to setup margins for thumbnails within folder parame

15 Apr 2012, 16:34

Thanks! Will give it a try.