Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

babyloncry
Topic Author

Fotomoto+ another way of buying?

07 Mar 2012, 03:07

Hi,

I'm creating my gallery, and I went with imagevuex for many reasons, but mainly for its new fotomoto feature.

I have browsed the forum but didn't find any clue to my question.

I would like to propose another way to buy prints.
It would be limited, individually printed and signed high quality prints
->it's on fotomoto todo list, but not yet ETA announced(the self fullfilment option)

So, I will have prints that will be managed by fotomoto, and I will have some without the fotomoto integration.
I would definitely like Imagevue to take care of all my pictures, and not have a html/php side of a website+imagevue gallery.

So, from what I gathered from the forum:
. I'm not looking for any pre paypal thing, as I understood it wasn't really possible.
. I understood that displaying html tags in flash restricts the number of tags possible (I saw the list)
->what about displaying an iframe over the flash movie?

Other ideas/questions:
I. SWF
Would it be possible to add another link in the context menu, like your contact link for example, but insert a SWF inside the poping content?
It's an idea, but I know it would be possible to create "easily" a simple "option form" in flash, and it would solve the php tag issue
(I'm not looking at massives options, it will be only different sizes/prices. I will of course to care of that, I'm not asking to developp such a module)
The best and nicest way for me, after the iframe solution.

II.HTML link
-> I have the impression that if I don't activate fotomoto I don't have any more a "buy/purchase" button??
-> Is a buy button with custom html link, if fotomoto is not used, possible?
(and from there I will take care of the rest again)
In folder parameter or in fotomoto admin page, I deactivate fotomoto, and I "activate" my custom html/php purchase link.
(not that bad at all, especially SEO oriented, but getting users out of the gallery is not the best...)

I surely have missed things in your giant forum, and I'm maybe a bit too much idealistic... :roll:
I saw about the iframe issue and its possibility. It would solve...everything! External needs, php custom paypal whatever,etc...

What do you think?

Thank you VERY MUCH for your time!

Regards,

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Fotomoto+ another way of buying?

08 Mar 2012, 03:20

babyloncry wrote:I would like to propose another way to buy prints.
It would be limited, individually printed and signed high quality prints
->it's on fotomoto todo list, but not yet ETA announced(the self fullfilment option)

So, I will have prints that will be managed by fotomoto, and I will have some without the fotomoto integration.
I would definitely like Imagevue to take care of all my pictures, and not have a html/php side of a website+imagevue gallery.

So, from what I gathered from the forum:
. I'm not looking for any pre paypal thing, as I understood it wasn't really possible.
. I understood that displaying html tags in flash restricts the number of tags possible (I saw the list)
->what about displaying an iframe over the flash movie?
So, I am not 100% sure what the question is ... Yes, we can display a html-ayer over the flash movie. But for what? We do not have the capacity to build a full web shop module from Imagevue ourselves. You can probably understand that from seeing Fotomotos interface, from their backend to the frontend modules and purchase modules. This is why we offer a 3rd party service. You can link your images up to Paypal from Imagevue, but there is no direct integration or automation - You would need to create your paypal link per image, and then how would the visitor get to choose the product settings or what they want to order? Its outside our scope to be able to offer some flexible webshop like this.
babyloncry wrote:Other ideas/questions:
I. SWF
Would it be possible to add another link in the context menu, like your contact link for example, but insert a SWF inside the poping content?
It's an idea, but I know it would be possible to create "easily" a simple "option form" in flash, and it would solve the php tag issue
(I'm not looking at massives options, it will be only different sizes/prices. I will of course to care of that, I'm not asking to developp such a module)
The best and nicest way for me, after the iframe solution.
Yes, you can already add another link to the context-menu, and you have instructions on how to do this in the initial order e-mail, of you have the commercial license. SWF inside the popping content? Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this ... You can have a link currently. What PHP tag issue are we speaking of? You can use a popup layer for a selection process ... but you would need to build everything, and this is a hugely underestimated task.
babyloncry wrote:II.HTML link
-> I have the impression that if I don't activate fotomoto I don't have any more a "buy/purchase" button??
-> Is a buy button with custom html link, if fotomoto is not used, possible?
(and from there I will take care of the rest again)
In folder parameter or in fotomoto admin page, I deactivate fotomoto, and I "activate" my custom html/php purchase link.
(not that bad at all, especially SEO oriented, but getting users out of the gallery is not the best...)
That is right. Fotomoto is the only webshop service we offer out-of-the-box. As mentioned, we do not have the capacity to build a webshop module ourselves, which would need to include shopping cart, flexible options per product, delivery info, payment integration.

Yes, you can use custom link ... or why not just add a purchase link or purchase options directly in the description as text links? This is the most functional option ... For example "Buy Large - 20$", "Buy Small - 15$".
babyloncry wrote:I surely have missed things in your giant forum, and I'm maybe a bit too much idealistic... :roll:
I saw about the iframe issue and its possibility. It would solve...everything! External needs, php custom paypal whatever,etc...
Technically, we could easily create a function that opens a html layer on click of a button. What will you do with the link though? You would need to build an entire system on the other end, not just options ... Would need prices, checkout, payment processing, return to site after payment etc.

babyloncry
Topic Author

08 Mar 2012, 04:16

Hi!

I'm sorry I didn't mean the context menu of the right click mouse button, but the context menu in the image_hover. I will check anyway.
Yes I do have the commercial license.

Actually what I would like to do is to display an iframe like the fotomoto one when I'm not using fotomoto. I would take care of the content/shop/etc...

For the iframe:
I'm not speaking about mass number of items to sell. I don't have the exact number but it would be <50 or 100max. And yes I would have to create the entire payment process.
I'm merging imagevue with wordpress, and what I was thinking is to build the shop in WP, enter my images as selling items, create the options-form within a hmtl/php page, and then from imagevue, when a user choose to buy "this" image, I would call the page/php with the image ref and display it on top of the gallery.

So yes, I would have work to do!!!;)
But that's just the primary idea. If I can display a html page within/on top of imagevue like the fotomoto one, with parameters defined in imagevue, I would find solutions.
For a raw example: in my imagevue.image.custom_parameters, I would enter something like "&item_ref=8754" or even the whole link "&link=http://theshop.com/display_item.php?itemref=8754etc". This would be used in my "buy" gallery link to display the options/cart on top.

I hope I make myself clear!?:)

But again, yes, the simplest solution would be to add in the text field a custom link to the shop I would have created. I just find this not to be as nice and pretty as what your gallery offers.
I'm just looking for solutions to use fotomo for many pictures, and my custom shop for some other.

Thank you for any input you could have,

Regards,

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Mar 2012, 01:48

babyloncry wrote:I'm sorry I didn't mean the context menu of the right click mouse button, but the context menu in the image_hover. I will check anyway. Yes I do have the commercial license.
There are not really any additional options for image hover, except for "custom link", but that is on a per-image basis .. not a global link. All imagebuttons are context-sensitive to the image - That is why they appear when you hover over the image, just like when you hover mouse over a plain image in a browser. Why not put a global link somewhere else where it is global? Commercial License gives you the option to change the right-click context menu link ...
babyloncry wrote:Actually what I would like to do is to display an iframe like the fotomoto one when I'm not using fotomoto. I would take care of the content/shop/etc...
First, let me just rephrase "iframe" to "html layer". Iframe is a frame that one embeds into a web page ... In this case, you want some kinda lightbox layer that appears above the gallery. Yes, this can be arranged ... From what even would you have it triggered though? and what parameters do you want to send to it? (Im assuming you dont want to open the exact same dialog regardless?). This is possible, but would require some work and planning of course.
babyloncry wrote:For the iframe:
I'm not speaking about mass number of items to sell. I don't have the exact number but it would be <50 or 100max. And yes I would have to create the entire payment process.
I'm merging imagevue with wordpress, and what I was thinking is to build the shop in WP, enter my images as selling items, create the options-form within a hmtl/php page, and then from imagevue, when a user choose to buy "this" image, I would call the page/php with the image ref and display it on top of the gallery.
Yes, you could do something like that ... In Imagevue you could add some parameters, and then have it open the "layer" + iframe with dialog based on parameters. Of course, the options form you speak of would not be related to Wordpress ...
babyloncry wrote:So yes, I would have work to do!!!;)
But that's just the primary idea. If I can display a html page within/on top of imagevue like the fotomoto one, with parameters defined in imagevue, I would find solutions.
For a raw example: in my imagevue.image.custom_parameters, I would enter something like "&item_ref=8754" or even the whole link "&link=http://theshop.com/display_item.php?itemref=8754etc". This would be used in my "buy" gallery link to display the options/cart on top.
First of all, I would like to know how you want to trigger the layer ... From a "buy" text link? From clicking the image? We could easily make a function for that, and even have a custom field in admin where you can add parameters url, for example "myshop.php?item=8754".