cut off the rest ...

would be really great!!

thanks,
tobias

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: image viewing / full size/ lock to width or height

03 Mar 2012, 23:35

paraf wrote:i have a good idea,you can view the images on your site in fullsize,
but you have to scroll around. would be really great to lock you images
in full screen to the browsers width or to the height and have imagevue
cut off the rest ...
Not quite sure what you mean. There is already a zoom state that locks the image to either width or height, so it scroll only vertically or horizontally. For images that are zoomed in full, then in most cases they will obviously need to be scrollable in both directions.

paraf
Topic Author

04 Mar 2012, 03:20

okay,i try again. :-)

when the image iis shown fullscren, you have to scroll around sometimes.
but what i want would be something like view the images in fullscreen, but
resize the image to max document ._height? why,pretty simple:-)
lets's say you have a gallery with nearly everything cutted to 16:9 ratio. switch
to "lock to height" than the images will be resized to maximum height of the screen.
so, some monitors with 4:3 resolutions will have the left and right edges cutted off
but the image is in the middle width maximum size.
also this gives you control of, what is done when there is a directory with portrait
format.. in your type you have to scroll around like hell when viewing portrait format;-)

i hope it's now clear...
would really be great to have something like this:-)
tobias

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Mar 2012, 01:50

paraf wrote:when the image iis shown fullscren, you have to scroll around sometimes.
but what i want would be something like view the images in fullscreen, but
resize the image to max document ._height? why,pretty simple:-)
It already works like this ... If you zoom in on an image, it will first lock to the stage height or stage width. Only if the user clicks again, to see the image in original size, will it scroll both vertical and horizontal.
paraf wrote:lets's say you have a gallery with nearly everything cutted to 16:9 ratio. switch
to "lock to height" than the images will be resized to maximum height of the screen.
so, some monitors with 4:3 resolutions will have the left and right edges cutted off
but the image is in the middle width maximum size.
also this gives you control of, what is done when there is a directory with portrait
format.. in your type you have to scroll around like hell when viewing portrait format;-)
As mentioned, it already works like this ... It will lock either horizontal or vertical side, depending on the aspect ratios. Either sides or top/bottom will be cut off, depending on image aspect vs screen aspect. How would you not need to scroll like crazy if you view a portrait image on a 16:9 stage? Obviously, if it locks to width, it will need to scroll the entire height of the image!