Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

Re: Changing slideshow from old to new - What is new?

06 Dec 2011, 15:19

If someone knows of a way to randomise the order images are gotten through flasvars I would love to know :D
Karl any suggestions perhaps ?
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Dec 2011, 23:36

Patrick_D1985 wrote:If someone knows of a way to randomise the order images are gotten through flasvars I would love to know :D
Karl any suggestions perhaps ?
Did you try defaultSortFiles=da?

From xml config:
<defaultSortFiles description="Default files sorting method - name, date or size" type="enum" options="na,nd,ta,td,da,dd,sa,sd,rnd">na</defaultSortFiles>

I am not sure, but the problem might be if you have non-auto sorting already in your folder, then it will choose to use the sorting method you have explicitly set in admin.

Another thing in regards to all your flashvars, I assume you are thinking "how does it all work"? Essentially, you can refer to any item that is in the config, for example sitetitle or theme as they are in config.xml:
Code
<theme type="theme" description="Sets the default theme">default</theme>
<sitetitle type="string" description="Sets the title of the site">Imagevue Gallery</sitetitle>
However, you can only refer to items that have unique names like this, because there are several items with non-unique names, for example audioplayer.enabled and text.text1.enabled both share the same name "enabled". Therefore, it may work to use dot-syntax parameters instead for these, like you have done with autostart alerady:
Code
parameters: 'image.slideshow.autostart=true|text.text1.enabled=false',

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

07 Dec 2011, 03:30

Hmm cant seem to get it to work to get a random image from a folder this is probably due to the folders have sorting set to na themselves.

A small heads up though, IE doesnt play nice with the latest code I showed so I made it like this and now IE/FF/Safari/Chrome all work nicely:
Code
<script type="text/javascript">
		//<![CDATA[
			var flashVars = {
				parameters: 'settings.startmode=image|menu.mainmenu.enabled=false|image.slideshow.autostart=true|controls.largecontrols.enabled=false|audioplayer.enabled=false|image.imagebuttons.enabled=false|image.closebutton.enabled=false|image.text.text1.enabled=false|image.text.text2.enabled=false|image.text.text3.enabled=false|misc.sfx.enabled=false',
				theme: 'YOUR SELECTED THEME',
				startpath: 'RELATIVE PATH TO FILES>',
				thumbnailscroller: 'false',
				audioplayer: 'false',
				interval: '6',
				scale: 'fitstage',
				frameborder:  'false',
				click: 'download'
			};
			swfobject.embedSWF("iv-includes/imagevue2.swf", "imagevue", "100%", "100%", "8.0.0", "iv-includes/expressInstall.swf", flashVars, {allowScriptAccess: 'always', allowFullScreen: true, wmode:"transparent", background_color:"000000"}, {id: 'imagevue', name: 'imagevue'});
		// ]]>
		</script>

XICSL
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Dec 2011, 07:55

mjau-mjau wrote:Did you go to admin -> settings -> image.image.click, and set it to "link"?

If you did, and still it doen't work, then please forward a link to your gallery ...
http://www.javeaholidays.com/properties ... roperties/

I setup to link, but it is not working.

Also normally must be shown a text, which i wrote in the description. But he is still not there on the picture. What i did wrong?

What i need now:

- View the property name on the top
- Don't show gallery name
- View text description from the proper tie on the bottom of the Thumbnail
- Make the Thumbnail clickable that user come direct to the property detail page
Last edited by XICSL on 09 Dec 2011, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Salu2 XICSL

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

09 Dec 2011, 08:01

For reference a modded version is now running as global slideshow on our website: http://pfsquad.nu

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Dec 2011, 03:24

I been trying to load this link for half an hour now, and its not loading for me ...

XICSL
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Jan 2012, 11:43

mjau-mjau wrote:I been trying to load this link for half an hour now, and its not loading for me ...
Try this one. It works now.

Salu2 XICSL

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2012, 00:05

XICSL: I checked your gallery and I see a slideshow filemod, which does not contain all the features of the standard gallery slideshow, and I am not sure now what you are trying to achieve or what the problem is ... Its been a month or more since this topic was updated. Perhaps you can tell me your question and what it is exactly you want?

XICSL
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2012, 03:39

mjau-mjau wrote:Perhaps you can tell me your question and what it is exactly you want?
Sure, its easy. You see her the old Page and slideshow on the right sidebar on the top?

http://www.javeaholidays.com

There is a picture which is linked to the property and on the picture you see a small description.

The same function i will use in the new slideshow version.

How can i do this?
Salu2 XICSL

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2012, 08:02

XICSL wrote:How can i do this?
1. Go to admin -> settings -> settings.attributes.image, add the link item.
2. settings -> image.image.click, set it to link
3. Now, when navigating to the images in your admin, you will see a new input field "link", where you can add the link for your images.

Dont use the slideshow filemod you have set up ... This needs to be your normal gallery style. If you need it to work like a slideshow, then you need to set it up as you like it in settings/theme. If necessary, use folder parameters to append settings to a single folder.

XICSL
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2012, 16:03

mjau-mjau wrote: 3. Now, when navigating to the images in your admin, you will see a new input field "link", where you can add the link for your images.

Dont use the slideshow filemod you have set up ... This needs to be your normal gallery style. If you need it to work like a slideshow, then you need to set it up as you like it in settings/theme. If necessary, use folder parameters to append settings to a single folder.
The links are only working on html not on flash version. Why?

HTML

Flash
Salu2 XICSL

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Jan 2012, 00:28

XICSL wrote:The links are only working on html not on flash version. Why?
As mentioned, you are using the "slideshow filemod" which simply turns your folder into a very simple slideshow that does not do anything else. Please turn OFF the filemod mode for this folder, and make sure it is normal gallery mode! The only reason it works in html, is because html version does not support slideshow filemod ...

XICSL
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Jan 2012, 12:12

mjau-mjau wrote:Please turn OFF the filemod mode for this folder, and make sure it is normal gallery mode! The only reason it works in html, is because html version does not support slideshow filemod ...
Where i must do this? I have no idea.
Salu2 XICSL

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jan 2012, 23:27

XICSL wrote:Where i must do this? I have no idea.
You must have turned it on somehow ... Go to admin, and navigate to the folder with the slideshow. Select "use as: [gallery]"