Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Imagevue X2.7 Beta

19 May 2011, 01:09

bixo wrote:Thank you for providing the beta. Is there a way to remove the rounded corners in the new HTML gallery? Looks nice but not professional to me.
Thanks!
I'll remove them for the next beta update
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 May 2011, 00:50

We have been releasing small updates to Imagevue X2.7 since the day it was announced, and we are now close to a release candidate after last night's update. I would like to mention a few of the main SWF improvements that have been added since initial beta release date:

Fotomoto API Integration
In the latest release, we have fully integrated Imagevue with the Fotomoto API. Imagevue checks if an item is for sale, what products are available for the specific item, and configures the frontend display accordingly. Basically Imagevue is more streamlined and automated towards Fotomoto now - See latest Demo.
  • Imagevue now displays an optional dropdown menu that displays buttons depending on what products are available for the current item: https://d.pr/Lz5i - Clicking a product in the menu will open the Fotomoto modal window directly on the specific.
  • When Fotomoto is enabled, by default Imagevue also adds the buy button to maincontrols and to right-click controls. You can disable these from settings if required.
  • If a photo is set "not for sale" from the Fotomoto admin, the fotomoto-related purchase buttons will be removed from the Imagevue interface. The same also happens if Fotomoto is disabled for a specific folder.
  • Added improved product-specific options for text links: https://d.pr/Rw2F - You can enable this option by going to settings -> image.text.text3 ... There are two options: fotomoto and fotomotoproducts. The first option simply enables a single button that accesses the Fotomoto window, while the second option displays all product options as displayed in the screenshot.
  • The production option captions are now loaded from Fotomoto, so you can set your button captions from your Fotomoto admin interface, under Settings -> Store Appearance.
  • New settings for Fotomoto: product_menu - Displays a fotomoto product submenu on mouse hover, fotomotobutton_click - Sets the mouse-click event for the main fotomoto button. If set to 'menu', mouse-click will toggle the native Imagevue fotomoto dropdown menu. If set to 'window', mouse-click will immediately display the fotomoto window from it's default page
SWF Folder Caching
Added a new feature which basically caches loaded folder data internally in the SWF gallery. This means that if you re-visit a gallery/page that you have already viewed in the same session, the gallery will jump straight to the content for that page instead of loading the folder data first. This speeds up the gallery substantially, although only in the cases when a gallery/page is re-visited in the same session. Best it to see this yourself in the demo gallery - Click between a few of the same folders, and see how fast they display second time (empty your browser cache first)

New extended sharing features
The new extensive sharing menu is covered in a separate post here. In addition to new menu, you can now use any icon you want in your main menu, as long as it is available in this list. Simply add your icon to the title like this:
Code
[facebook]My Facebook!
The code in brackets in the front will be replaced by an icon for the service.

# New limit zoom to 100% scale:
viewtopic.php?p=26283#p26283

# "Share by e-mail added to main share button dropdown.
viewtopic.php?p=26214#p26214

+ more minor features that will be mentioned in final release shortly ...

winph
Experienced

22 May 2011, 23:19

does this also include the horizontal menu update?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 May 2011, 03:25

winph wrote:does this also include the horizontal menu update?
Unfortunately, we had to focus on the current updates for Imagevue X2.7, which is turning out to be a huge release. The option would be to delay it another 1-2 weeks, instead of being able to release 2.7 final today or tomorrow. Another reason why we have been hesitating with the horizontal menu, is because Imagevue X2.8 will include some huge updates on the html-side, and we were thinking of ways to syncronize a horizontal menu with both version.

Tell you what - after we got X2.7 released properly with docs this week, I could start looking into a horizontal menu next week, and you could help me out with your personal preferences if you like? It would help with some opinions for the horizontal menu ...

Martin
Experienced

23 May 2011, 08:00

mjau-mjau wrote:It would help with some opinions for the horizontal menu ...
I'll be following this discussion with interest :)

winph
Experienced

23 May 2011, 08:15

mjau-mjau

its ok as long as there is plan. i'll start a discussion after 2.7 has been release.

win

julien
Experienced

23 May 2011, 11:48

:| I just wait horizontal menu since the day you said it'll come in 2.7 ... Disappointed.

iKremers
Experienced

23 May 2011, 11:55

Just out of curiousity: Why do you want horizontal menu so badly? Honoustly, I cannot think of a single reason why I would want to use that over the vertical one we have now.
[url]http://www.jornkremers.com[/url]

Martin
Experienced

23 May 2011, 15:03

iKremers wrote:Just out of curiousity: Why do you want horizontal menu so badly?
I would like to have the horizontal menu to display my main-categories so that when one is clicked a vertical menu is shown with the sub-categories.

The vertical menu as it is now, can become longer then the screen and this makes it difficult to pick a folder from it, because it then moves up and down too quickly...
... if you now what I mean :)

masquefotos
Experienced

23 May 2011, 16:20

Hello, the menu we have now is not worth Horizontal? sorry for my English by google

lowray1975
Experienced

23 May 2011, 22:22

I bet the hotspot editor is included in 2.7, right! :P

winph
Experienced

24 May 2011, 06:34

iKremers wrote:Just out of curiousity: Why do you want horizontal menu so badly? Honoustly, I cannot think of a single reason why I would want to use that over the vertical one we have now.
more simplified design, easier to navigate..

carter2
Experienced

24 May 2011, 06:59

Looks awesome guys, nice work. Wish I had pictures worthy of selling.

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

24 May 2011, 07:23

carter2 wrote:Looks awesome guys, nice work. Wish I had pictures worthy of selling.
That mostly depends on the buyer ;)

I have seen hideous art which sold for millions and I have seen what I condiser pieces of art or genius even gone for far less.
So which ever way you look at it ... e-commerce can be a nice addition.
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 May 2011, 11:11

We kinda released X2.7 already in downloads ... Just gonna take me some time to write the longest blog post evah :o