Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jacobholm
Topic Author

Geotagging

03 Apr 2011, 15:39

This would be a really cool feature.

It should be possible with google maps, think you can use javascript ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Geotagging

04 Apr 2011, 07:33

I think we can use GEO data from meta tags, and create a Google map link at least. Maybe we could even open the map in a javascript modal window on link click.

Did you have any ideas?

jacobholm
Topic Author

04 Apr 2011, 11:10

Maybe something like this: Image

or this: Image

Could be an extra viewing mode, if you will, where you have the row of photos, in the currently selected album, at the bottom (just as it is today). But when clicking one of the photos, instead of it being enlarged, a map takes it place showing the photograph and its location. I think all photos in the album should be shown and the one selected should be highlighted in some way. Perhaps as easy as letting the other photos be smaller and a little faded.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Apr 2011, 13:26

jacobholm wrote:Could be an extra viewing mode, if you will, where you have the row of photos, in the currently selected album, at the bottom (just as it is today). But when clicking one of the photos, instead of it being enlarged, a map takes it place showing the photograph and its location. I think all photos in the album should be shown and the one selected should be highlighted in some way. Perhaps as easy as letting the other photos be smaller and a little faded.
I can't imagine this. Why would you want to click the preview image and see a map instead of the image itself? Anyway, we will look into this I think for Imagevue X2.8, and I can at least see some options where the user clicks a map link and gets a popup modal window of the map location.

Thanks for your suggestions!

jacobholm
Topic Author

04 Apr 2011, 14:29

mjau-mjau wrote: I can't imagine this. Why would you want to click the preview image and see a map instead of the image itself? Anyway, we will look into this I think for Imagevue X2.8, and I can at least see some options where the user clicks a map link and gets a popup modal window of the map location.

Thanks for your suggestions!
I did not mean it should be replaced, I meant one could turn on the map feature or something. My point was that it would be nice to be able to see all the photos in the album on the map. A popup when clicking a map link sounds good, but if only one image will show and I have to close the window, select another photo and click the map link again there will be too much clicking.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Apr 2011, 15:15

I understand ... Just an important factor for us trying to keep Imagevue simple to use and not over-crowded.

jacobholm
Topic Author

04 Apr 2011, 15:18

mjau-mjau wrote:I understand ... Just an important factor for us trying to keep Imagevue simple to use and not over-crowded.
And you are doing a good job =) I am certain you will find a good solution!

jblaser

15 Aug 2011, 07:01

Imagevue looks very nice and does about everything I need. The only thing I miss for my vacation photos is an EXIF Geodata link to a Google Map window like in Synology Diskstation Photostation. There is also an Admin GUI to set or change the location on Google Maps. That would be very nice to have with Imagevue. Imagevue looks much better and it also perfoms a lot better than my old and cheap Diskstation.
Is thee still something like that scheduled for the next version of Imagevue? Will it be released soon?
Geotagging.jpg
Geotagged Photo on Synology Diskstation Photostation
Geotagging.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 9194 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Aug 2011, 01:57

Yes, I think this is a very feasible request ... I believe we will be adding this to Imagevue X2.8, but this will not be before in another few months because we are working on some heavy stuff ...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Aug 2011, 11:42

Actually HTML gallery provides a link to google maps.
firedev.com

Fox

31 Aug 2011, 09:58

To save some space and not overcrowd the overall design, a smart solution might be to create a new button (or a dog-ear at a corner of the photo) to show geo-information.
Clicking on this button could turn the whole picture (like you would turn a printed photo) and display the geo-information on the "back" of the photo.
I guess it would look nice if the same dimensions of the photo would be used. However for smaller pictures it could lead in space problems...

This were just my thoughts about this topic :-)