Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

shadoukat
Topic Author

blur on thumbnail rollover

16 Feb 2011, 19:50

Hi,

I noticed that the new imagevue has a blur when you hover over the thumbnails in the main area of the gallery.
I looked around all the features and couldn't figure out the following things.. any help would be great!

1) removing the blur from the thumbnail when hovering over it, and place a light white (like it used to in the old imagevue) to showcase it is currently chosen.

2) minimizing the size of the rollover of the thumbnail.. currently it is a tad too large when I hover over it, would like to make it a tad smaller. same with the size of the bottom nav of the thumnails.. way too large atm.

thanks again! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: blur on thumbnail rollover

17 Feb 2011, 04:38

1) I am not sure where you read this. There is no blur on thumbnail rollover, although we would consider adding this.

2) Minimize the size of hover on rollover, you can already do this. Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> thumbnails.thumbnails.thumbnail.active_scale.

You also change the bottom nav thumbnails scale, but keep in mind that here the scale is set to go from small, to 100%. Why 100%? Because all thumbnails look at their sharpest when being displayed at the original size of 100%.

Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> thumbnails.thumbnailscroller.active_scale

shadoukat
Topic Author

17 Feb 2011, 16:23

thanks so much for your help, I was able to go in and alter what I wanted with my thumbnails.

1) the reason why it looks like it has a blur is cause the thumnail gets blown up too much so it appears like its blurry.. I made the rollover a smaller number and lowered the opacity of active and it now works much better.

so here is another thumbnail area question, I wanted to either remove or make the text area smaller for when it shows the description of the thumbnail when its active. where can I find the place to alter this or remove it?

thanks again!

:)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Feb 2011, 01:31

shadoukat wrote:so here is another thumbnail area question, I wanted to either remove or make the text area smaller for when it shows the description of the thumbnail when its active. where can I find the place to alter this or remove it?
You mean the description that shows up when you mouse over the thumbnail?

You can remove this by going to admin -> settings -> thumbnails.tooltip.enabled

shadoukat
Topic Author

18 Feb 2011, 14:41

cool! that definitely removes the whole thing. What if I just want to make the size of the font and the actual box of the content smaller?

thanks again! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Feb 2011, 02:15

shadoukat wrote:cool! that definitely removes the whole thing. What if I just want to make the size of the font and the actual box of the content smaller?
You can make the font smaller, and the box will autosize around the text. You can't just make the box smaller, because it is always set to be the width of the thumbnail (+padding), and the height necessary to contain the text.

To change the text size, you need to go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> Stylesheet ->
Code
.tooltip{ }
More on CSS theme stylesheets:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cssreference/