No votes

Total votes: 4

Pedro
Experienced
Topic Author

Please provide hidden folders and password login for users

29 Oct 2010, 03:04

Hi Karl

I asked that already long time ago......

It would be genius, if you could hide some folders for unregistered users and of course user A should only see HIS FOLDERS and not those of user B.

Example:
You are a photographer and want to put the new pics of the last shooting online for the client to be able to select his favorites.
He can mark his pics to order (foto finish) and send the thumbs per mail to you.

Example:
You want to hide your private pics from public.
or
Different clients should not see other clients pics

is that coming up in next release - maybe? :wink:
Pedro Tirolo

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

Re: Please provide hidden folders and password login for use

30 Oct 2010, 04:05

This might be a totally crazy idea but ... why not use a multiple gallery setups to achieve what you want ?
That way different links lead to different galleries. You then can make an 'easy' persmission based page from your cms for instance

.Like:

If user = member then show linka
if user = guest then show linkb
if user = specificuseris then show linkuserx

Hope you get my drift ;)

The feature you want is nice and all but to be honest I dont see it happening in the upcoming release.

Therfore I would suggest to use the above as a workaroung untill the feature is in.
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

Pedro
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Nov 2010, 08:31

yeahh... that´s kinda what I am using right now but cannot be served by the client himself und to install multiple instances is not an elegant solution.

If this simple script could be build in in advance it cannot be a big deal to manage.
You might need a simple database on the server, but even this is not a problem for users, as providers offer databases anyway with their packages.

I would pay an extra fee for the feature instead of hiring a person for that.
If the system is set up with this "enterprise feature" (let´s call it like this), you don´t have to buy the add-on, if you don´t need it.

:mrgreen:
Pedro Tirolo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Nov 2010, 11:56

You would get my vote, and basic folder password protection is already on its way in next release.

There is of course two methods to make a folder private:
1. Password protection. The item is visible to all (in the main menu), but only accessible to those who have the password. This is coming in next release.
2. Hidden folders. This is already works in Imagevue, and you can create hidden folders or entire hidden content folders. You simply need to provide a secret link to the visitors who are supposed to see this content. Of course, the content itself is not actually protected ... just hidden.

I suggest you read our new FAQ entry here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/gallery-faq/

See "How do I make a private galley with Imagevue?"