X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Cecile
Experienced
Topic Author

Large swf background

27 Sep 2010, 03:55

Hello,

i am new to imavevueX and need some guidance.

I would like to animate the background, behind the gallery and slideshow, with flash.

So I thought starting from the persimmon theme would be helpful since the background is a large swf.

I loaded a photo (some 1200x770px large) in the background, but the swf and picture don't cover the whole background.

This happens also when I take off the picture, and just insert vectorial elements. I cannot find what I should do so the swf will cover the whole screen, and also covering it when going full screen.

I have tried a hundred thing, also trying with abyss theme, fidgeting with the 'showall' and so on features in the theme section, to no avail. You can have a look here with my last test : www.flash-illico.com/kevin

Please help

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Large swf background

08 Oct 2010, 08:17

Just to close off this topic, I believe you figured out this issue?

Cecile
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Oct 2010, 13:43

More or less, let's say I did as best as I could, (I finally used the abyss theme, it was a mess with the others)

It seems that on some large screens (from 21" on), there is still a white stripe on the right side and it is not too nice next to the brown gradient....

If you see any solution, I would be very grateful, but as to me, i have no more ideas for the time being as to what I could try to avoid this problem...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Oct 2010, 07:56

Sorry for the late reply -

I do wonder about this "white" you see ... The background settings are quite complex, but I believe they cover all options. Do you have a link to your gallery where the white displays? There are several options to choose how your background scales, including one that makes sure it always covers the entire stage by cropping parts of the background.

However, a very standard flaw here is that if you are using a dynamic background (meaning you have some animations, or actionscript), your background may have a dynamic size unless integrated properly. Imagevue needs to use the width and height of your background to scale, position and align it properly. If there is something interfering with the boundaries or total width/height, then there will be flaws when embedding it.

Cecile
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Oct 2010, 08:48

Yes, I agree with you, it has something to do with the actionscript used for animating the background, although I kept it as simple as possible.

I simply used a VERY large vector background (larger than the original one in the abyss theme), and it seems okay now although the background gets a bit distorted, but nothing too horrible...