Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

SteffenKemmeNL
Topic Author

Replace/modify the loading animation

17 Sep 2010, 11:27

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to either replace or modify the loading animation which can be seen at the beginning when the gallery is loading.

Because the loading takes quite a while, I would like to add a text to the animation that explains visitors that the gallery is loading and that it can take quite a while depending on their internet-connection and that they should be patient.

If anyone has information on how to do this, I would be most grateful.

SofTones
Experienced

17 Sep 2010, 22:35

You need to edit the "preloader.fla" ( if there is one ) or put your own preloader in and point it to the gallery main page once loaded... if not, then you will need to edit the imagevue main .fla file and add your text to the loader

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Replace/modify the loading animation

02 Oct 2010, 12:29

SteffenKemmeNL wrote:Can anyone tell me if it's possible to either replace or modify the loading animation which can be seen at the beginning when the gallery is loading.

Because the loading takes quite a while, I would like to add a text to the animation that explains visitors that the gallery is loading and that it can take quite a while depending on their internet-connection and that they should be patient.

If anyone has information on how to do this, I would be most grateful.
I can say two things about this:

1. To edit the preloader animation, you would need to edit the FLA source file. Unfortunately, this is no generally recommended. Read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4233

2. The reason your gallery may be stuck with this preloader for some time, is mostly because of your amount of folders, and the power of your server. This process is quite intensive, where the server PHP script needs to process all folders in your gallery. In the next release, we will be using an XML cache system, that will greatly speed up your gallery!

Sorry for the late reply!