Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Pedro
Experienced

ipad changes everything

11 Jun 2010, 07:04

I didn ´t think it would be such a BANG as now. Everybody I know wants an iPad.
I like this kind of stuff, but my clients are doctors, designers, event managers etc. It seems everybody finds a niche where he could use an iPad as a cool device to present content.
I ordered one as well now but getting it next week from Germany. I am located in Austria and the pre-orders are impressive - so far I know.

I tested the ipad about 4 weeks ago - really nice!
I also tested some html5 stuff a friend showed me - and some web-apps. (he is himself a developer).

You should definatly focus on it - its a big market and you could sell easily tons of apps for iPad for maybe just 2 or 3 dollars. this is quick money and nobody cares about these micropayments.

Hope to hear some news of you guys soon
:wink:
you always have been a creative team with a good taste. I count on you...
Pedro Tirolo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jun 2010, 10:51

Sell Apps? What kinda apps do you suggest we make?

I have an iPad, and I enjoy it, but I dont see any benefit with an imagevue app. Whats it for?

Pedro
Experienced

Backoffice

13 Jun 2010, 15:48

why not make the backoffice easy 2 use for iPhone and iPad for uploads, organising etc.
I would pay a small amount for it and I guess everybody else too.

As you will use with iPhone 4 more pics and videos (cause I guess the camera is really nice now), you want to upload your stuff right from the iphone or iPad.

charge 2 or 3 dollars for it. Micropayment can bring a lot of income.
Pedro Tirolo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jun 2010, 11:08

Yes, not a bad idea ... Obviously we won't have a large volume of users because the only customers would be owners of Imagevue galleries.

Also, the Imagevue controlpanel already works fine with iPad, although perhaps a little bit congested on iphone screen. Uploading photos however, is not possible from ipad/iphone, so that would require an app. We will certainly consider this in the future ...

winph
Experienced

15 Jun 2010, 10:23

Do you consider HTML5 for imagevue?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2010, 11:03

winph wrote:Do you consider HTML5 for imagevue?
Not sure if you read the earlier posts on page one in this topic, but we talk slightly about that there ...

In the future, we are considering several frontends for Imagevue, perhaps including something from HTML5. Currently though, as most browsers dont even support HTML5 properly, this is not something we will dive head on into. Another thing is the hype surrounding HTML5 - HTML5 is really just the new HTML standard taking over after HTML4. To create some fancy image gallery, you would need to use a lot of javascript and CSS3, although this would be more integrated with HTML5 than earlier.

Generally speaking? Yes. We may consider multiple frontends, both flash, HTML5, and just advanced javascript/CSS combos ...

westausgang.de
Topic Author

Competition makes a move...

02 Jul 2010, 14:41

As I ´ve described in my previous posts it would be fabulous if you would not need to take care with which device visitors are approaching your website - they would always see your photos exactly matching the device they use at the moment.
It seems that the competition of imagevuex - slideshow pro now has made a move and is exactly offering such solution - please read here:
(*****)
Some time ago I have also tried their photo gallery, but sticked to imagevuex, since it was in my point of view superior and more advanced than slideshow pro. But I have to say with their modules like slidepress (*****) which perfectly fit into any wordpress blog, they have become an alternative.

So I really hope and am looking VERY forward with what imagevuex is coming up - Karl, please make a move as well!!!
"While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see." - Dorothea Lange

http://www.westausgang.de

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Competition makes a move...

05 Jul 2010, 04:00

westausgang.de wrote:As I ´ve described in my previous posts it would be fabulous if you would not need to take care with which device visitors are approaching your website - they would always see your photos exactly matching the device they use at the moment.
Yea, true ... In the end of the day, that means ultimately optimizing the gallery for iphone and ipad though.

Thanks for the links provided - They are certainly heading in the same direction with some features that we have in vision also!

I hope you dont mind that I censor your link, as it would be wrong to link to direct competitors at this point. Links are provided on request.

imsam
Experienced

Re: ipad - imagevue usage

08 Oct 2010, 14:02

Hi,

I've been using ImageVue for many years now and just love the way it looks and functions. However, since I purchased my iPad, I've been thinking about switching to another "iPad friendly" solution for my photography site.

For some reason though, I'm just not able to pull the trigger -- In all honesty, I like ImageVue too much to make the switch. However, the huge degradation from a full blown ImageVue to simple "folder" icons in the HTML version is just not doing it for me.

Anyway, let me get to my point. I've found this fairly nice WP template that is iPad compatible. However, I'm still sticking with ImageVue. I wanted to share it to possibly give the ImageVue team some ideas. I think it would be very nice if we had the flash version as the default which then shows an HTML/JavaScript version for iPad that looks like this site:

http://tf.eanki.com/photonWP/#dogs%20&%20kittens/1

In my opinion, that would make ImageVue even more appealing than it currently is.

Sam
Thanks,

Sam

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Oct 2010, 07:08

imsam wrote:Hi,

I've been using ImageVue for many years now and just love the way it looks and functions. However, since I purchased my iPad, I've been thinking about switching to another "iPad friendly" solution for my photography site.

For some reason though, I'm just not able to pull the trigger -- In all honesty, I like ImageVue too much to make the switch. However, the huge degradation from a full blown ImageVue to simple "folder" icons in the HTML version is just not doing it for me.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. All I can say really, is that I agree 100% on all accounts. We are currently looking towards this direction, although we just have to handle one item at a time, and first up (after release of new website), is a new admin core/interface and a huge update to the Imagevue X2 SWF.

After this, we are looking forwards to more flexible alternative html(+css/+javascript) solutions, not only for mobile/iPhone and iPad, but also solutions where SWF is avoided entirely for those who want that.

We have currently been working on a basic HTML gallery framework, and I can leak a small teaser here:
[LINK REMOVED]/
Nothing fancy, but its very customizable with CSS, and it will be a cool framework for building more advanced galleries with CSS+javascript/jQuery ...

bixo
Experienced

09 Nov 2010, 15:36

Hi.
Thank you for providing the teaser. May I suggest a horizontal alignment of the pics and menu or the option to change the alignment via the admin.
I find scrolling more comfortable when happening horizontally. Here is a simple example,
http://www.mondino-update.net/index.php?page=1
I am looking forward to a HTML/Javascript version.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Nov 2010, 01:40

bixo wrote:Thank you for providing the teaser. May I suggest a horizontal alignment of the pics and menu or the option to change the alignment via the admin.
I find scrolling more comfortable when happening horizontally. Here is a simple example,
http://www.mondino-update.net/index.php?page=1
I am looking forward to a HTML/Javascript version.
That is the cool thing about the html framework - It can easily be customized to any layout. Here is a basic horizontal scroller version:
[LINK REMOVED]/?theme=h ... t/b_Fancy/
Styling is very basic for now, but we will put more time into that later ... This is not even an official demo.