Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

lorenzof
Topic Author

CAN'T WRIGHT...

01 Dec 2009, 10:08

by
why can't i work on admin settings? example i want to change startpath but is not possible. admin tell me in this way:
"
Can't write to file imagevue/config/configUser.xml
Can't save configuration file config/configUser.xml
"

tks

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

08 Dec 2009, 01:39

Thats means the config folder is unwritable, you need to change permissions on it, please read this article about setting permissions:

https://www.photo.gallery/37
firedev.com

lorenzof
Topic Author

11 Dec 2009, 11:04

Dear Team
I've try to change permissions in a lot of ways but it's impossible: the file imagevue\config\configUser.xml always have 444 permissions after refresh with ftp program. Moreover it happens a strange thing: i've spoke with my host who tells me to change permission into my file manager of my server biancaw.com, i've done it and into file manger the permissions are ok, read - write and execute for all the files into imagevue\config folder. why when i see the info file with ftp program are always 444?. I've a windows server. what can i do?
please hel me, i can't began to built my site because admin setting doesen't permit me to change nothing

thank's

Lorenzo F.

gadgetologist
Experienced

11 Dec 2009, 21:00

Without seeing it exactly, I can't say for sure. However, depending on your setup you can be doing things as one user at one point and another user at another point. For example... you may have done an install as root and try to change permissions as admin or some other user. Or something like this. Depending how you have built your system and done your install and proceeded to maintain your system.

My advice is to look closely at the owner of the file. if you only see a name rather than a number for the owner, it is not as precise (IMHO). I like using something like filezilla which is independent of the system. As I stated to begin with, this is speculation based on very little info. More info would be better.

--G

lorenzof
Topic Author

14 Dec 2009, 04:01

Thank's G
when i open infofile for that file the Owner is "user" and Group is "group" with permissions only for Read - 444 - . what is filezilla? However now i try to reinstall everythink in the root...i hope something new
Lorenzo f

gadgetologist
Experienced

14 Dec 2009, 05:10

Based on your response, It is difficult to say for sure, but my guess is that you have possibly installed as one user and tried to change permissions as another. When you install, into the account keep track of the user. I have seen this mistake made before where the installation is made as root into an account and then the person tried to make changes as the user of the account.

Regarding "filezilla" it is an excellent tool to use for transferring files and maintaining files on the server remotely. Crag and drop files, rename, change permissions, just as if it were on your PC. It's free and quite popular. However, for now I would not divert your attention to this until you have time to play with it. It can be found at filezilla-project.org.

Good luck on the install.

--G

lorenzof
Topic Author

14 Dec 2009, 05:31

hi G
I've deleted all the content of imagevue x2 and uploaded everythink, i don't know why but now i can work free, i can write without problem on all the config files...yeah!

thank's

Lorenzo f

lorenzof
Topic Author

ADMIN

29 May 2013, 11:11

Hi!
I don't know why but now, after 6-8 months i don't use the site to makes changes, it is impossible to go into admin wirh my password and username, why? is it an older version? but i like it, i don't want change to a new version.
Please someone helps me, thank's thank's
Lorenzo F
ps my site: www.lorenzofranzi.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: CAN'T WRIGHT...

29 May 2013, 12:26

What is your username and password? You set that password yourself at some point. If you forget it, you need to reset the password by deleting the file iv-config/users.php ... Also, why don't you want to upgrade? Its the same gallery just everything is improved.

lorenzof
Topic Author

30 May 2013, 05:09

hi Karl!
log in in Admin now is ok, thank's. how is possible to upgrade to a new version of the site?
Lorenzo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jun 2013, 00:47

lorenzof wrote:hi Karl!
log in in Admin now is ok, thank's. how is possible to upgrade to a new version of the site?
Lorenzo
This is generally achieved by simply uploading a new version of the gallery, overwriting all your current files and folders, except the "content" folder where your images are stored, and the "iv-config" folder where your custom settings are stored. More info:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/

ArtyFilin

16 Oct 2013, 03:04

I have the same problem.
In the FTP client, a file iv-config/config.xml assign 777, the right to install, but to change the settings on the site, I still can not. I can not reinstall the site. What do I do?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Oct 2013, 07:35

ArtyFilin wrote:I have the same problem.
In the FTP client, a file iv-config/config.xml assign 777, the right to install, but to change the settings on the site, I still can not. I can not reinstall the site. What do I do?
Sorry, what exactly is the problem? Are you getting errors? Do you have a link to your website?

ArtyFilin

16 Oct 2013, 07:41

Try to change settings, push button "save" and see red label "Can't save configuration file iv-config/config.xml".
File permission is 777. I can change file in textedit and replace on ftp, but can't change throw iv-admin.

http://af-photo.ru

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Oct 2013, 23:32

I would need access to your admin to try that ... It could be many things ... Did you recently copy files around on your server, or from one domain to another? Sounds to me like you might have copied files from another location, and therefore the server does not consider itself "owner" of the file iv-config/config.xml ... Some servers will not be able to write to a file, unless they originally created the file ...