X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

Some folder titles do not behave the same as others

31 Jan 2009, 18:13

Link to my Gallery is http://www.aneighbour.com/portfolio

I have 5 top level folders, each with subfolders containing images, contact form, text pages, etc.

Folder names are 1-architecture, 2-artwork, 3-events, etc. The numbers are to allow a specific sort of the menu items. Opening each folder, I set parametrs as follows:
Use as FOLDER
Sort AUTO
Title Architecture, Artwork, Events etc...

Thus the menu shows each folder name as I wish it to appear.

Now the weird problem...when you hover over some menu items (ag Architecture, Events, Portraits) - the title reappears in a different color to the right of the menu.
However, hovering over Artwork and Products, the second title does not show. In fact I prefer that, otherwise there is redundant text on the screen...but why does this happen for some and not others...?

It gets weirder...If I add description text to each folder, all five show the title and description text as they should. If I then remove the description text from all 5, we are back to the original problem....

Thoughts anyone.
Many thanks,
Andrew

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Feb 2009, 00:58

The text you see is the "tooltip" which only displays if there is a previewimage- or description set for the specific folder. In your case, it seems you have had images earlier in 3 of your folder, and therefore "previewimage" attribute is assigned to them, and it tries to display the tooltip. Of course, since the images are deleted now, it will not be able to load the previewimage for the tooltip.

I just consulted my partner with this, and unfortunately those attributes are kinda stuck in your folderdata.xml. Unless you want to wait for next release(coming in around 1 week), you will have to extract the data manually: Navigate to your folders from FTP, and download/edit the "folderdata.xml" files. Remove the attribute previewimage="imagename.jpg", and resave document.

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Feb 2009, 06:46

Editing the .xml file worked perfectly. Thanks as always.
Andrew