Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Aug 2010, 07:41

Gizmo wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I can't manage to do that...
How am I supposed to embed it exactly?

I'm sure I did it wrong, but here is what I tried:
Code
<?php include_once('imagevue.php');

var flashVars = {
   contentfolder: 'content/private/';
}
?>
First of all, you are aware this thread is for Imagevue V1? For Imagevue X2, you need to use startpath parameter instead.

Gizmo

23 Aug 2010, 12:58

Hello,

No I didn't realize this thread was for Imagevue V1 (since it is in the X2admin forum).

I am not trying to change the starting path though. I am just trying to set up an alternate gallery.

The gallery.com?contentfolder=alternativefolder/ command works fine

(mywebsite).net/?contentfolder=content/alternativefolder

but I would like to embed it into a php file to avoid the variables in the url[/url]
http://www.trouni-photography.net

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Aug 2010, 05:13

Perhaps you can send me a link to your gallery, and where you are trying to embed it? Its a bit difficult to diagnose just by reading about it ...

Gizmo

29 Aug 2010, 11:14

The link in the previous post is actually a link to the gallery with the new contentfolder: link to gallery | link to gallery with new contentfolder

I would like to embed the contentfolder parameter in the index.php file if possible...
the goal would be to be able to create a subdomain (e.g. www.domain.com/subdomain/) that uses the content folder embed in "www.domain.com/subdomain/index.php" so it doesn't appear in the url

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Aug 2010, 11:42

ok, well this is pretty simple ... If you check the SOURCE of those two documents, the only difference is the following:
Code
flashVars.contentfolder = 'content/private/urbanagent/';
If you ADD that code to your manual "something.php", then you have the contentfolder hardcoded.

However, of course currently you can't call it "index.php" because your main imagevue gallery is using "index.php". If you were gonna change that, you would simply change the contentfolder in the GLOBAL settings in admin...

If you are going to create a new folder (as you call sumbdomain), you will need to make sure to reference the SWF correctly, and you should be creating a HTML file instead of a PHP file (or else you will need to do several changes to the PHP file).

Gizmo

29 Aug 2010, 12:02

thanks for the reply

it seems that there is a problem with the syntax though (a problem with "=") so I tried with "flashVars.contentfolder('../content/private/urbanagent/)';" is that correct?

I copied and modified index.php and imagevue.php into the subfolder domain.com/test/ :

index.php
Code
<?php include_once('imagevue.php');
flashVars.contentfolder('../content/private/urbanagent/)';
?>
imagevue.php
Code
<?php
define('IV_PATH', '../imagevue/');
etc.
But it doesn't seem to work: link to the test
It seems that I might have to use an html file as you said, but I can't figure how it would help? I'm obviously doing something wrong, so if you can enlighten me...

thanks in advance!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Aug 2010, 13:01

There are some important factors here:

1. No there should NOT be a syntax problem with the code. It is already in the SOURCE and working no? If you copy identically to another document, it is correct.

2. I am not sure why you want to use a PHP document at all. Why not just paste into a HTML document to make things easier, as you are hardcoding parameters anyway.

3. For same reason as above, you do not need to use PHP and you do not need to include those files. A) Copy the SRC output from the orginal document (this means copy the OUTPUT from the webpage, but not what the file looks like when you open the PHP file). B) Fix the PATH to your imagevue2.swf C) Nevermind trying to include other PHP files. If you are gonna open that door, you will have to move more files and will be experiencing problems with PHP limitations anyway ...

Gizmo

29 Aug 2010, 18:51

hey!

thanks! I didn't understand what you meant about the html source in the first place, but I get it now, and it should make it much easier!

thank you, I'll give it a try now