Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

transitions : change fade color for black instead of white ?

16 Oct 2008, 07:39

Hello,

When transitions are enabled, fading out makes the image go to white progressively before the next image appears.

Is there a way to fade to black (for instance) instead of white ?

Thank you very much for your help and your great work ! :)

MacDo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Oct 2008, 22:59

I think that has been requested before ... It certainly would look nice if you are using a dark/black frame(or no frame) behind the image ... I don't think it looks nice on a white frame though.

I will add to list.

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Oct 2008, 11:22

Yes, actually I'm using the default theme with black background and I display some concert photos, which often have a dark background. So in this case, transitions by white are not looking good and I would like to have transitions by black instead of white...

Thank you very much for adding it to todo list! :)

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2008, 18:05

Hello,

I found this topic which seems to give a satisfactory answer for v1. You wrote the following :
To have a black(or any other color) transition, you need to use the tint transition, and set the innerframecol to the black(000000).
I did not found how to set the innerframecol in the V2... Am I stupid ? :)

Moreover, I do not agree with you about what should be looking nice... I think that it depends on color theme. Actually, I would love to have a white frame but transitions by black.

Thank you very much for your help and your great work !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Nov 2008, 00:19

MacDo wrote:I did not found how to set the innerframecol in the V2... Am I stupid ? :)
There is no "innerframecol" in V2. Basically there is FRAME and FRAMEBORDER.

The frame is the frame, and the frameborder can be used as an additional 1px border around the main frame.

MacDo
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Nov 2008, 07:42

Thank you :) Now I know that I'm not so stupid :)

So the method given here to get a transition by black instead of a transition by white is not applicable to V2. Am I right ?

I tried to set the frame color to white (#FFFFFF) and the frameborder color to black (#000000) and specify "tint" in transition type, but I still have transitions by white.

Could you help in implementing this in a future version ? :-) I would be very happy to get a white frame, a black frameborder, and transitions by black. :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Nov 2008, 23:53

and how do you propose setting a 'black' transition? Since your frame is white, it can't inherit the color from the frame. Normally, I would create a transition that tweens into a color inherited from frame, but you want different colors.