Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

panaph0bic
Topic Author

my site - flv examples

16 Jul 2008, 23:18

Here is my site - not much right now, but i know people wanted to see some FLV examples. I had to alter files, and upload new folders, etc...so FLV support really kinda sucks in the beta, but I'm sure they'll fix it:

Thumbnailing of videos doesnt work...and they dont auto-size, etc. It'd be nice if they at least center with the white background behind the video.

www.iiox.com/i/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: my site - flv examples

17 Jul 2008, 03:14

FLV support is something we have to work on thats right, that's also why I didn't take the time yet to create any public examples, but I'm happy to see someone has already tried it out.
panaph0bic wrote:Here is my site - not much right now, but i know people wanted to see some FLV examples. I had to alter files, and upload new folders, etc...so FLV support really kinda sucks in the beta, but I'm sure they'll fix it:

Thumbnailing of videos doesnt work...and they dont auto-size, etc. It'd be nice if they at least center with the white background behind the video.
VIDEO thumbnails:
I'm not quite sure how we can progress here. There are server plugins that can create thumbnails from FLV, but it is certainly not a standard PHP module, so most servers don't have it and we can't rely on it. We can of course change the default icon.

I'm not quite sure what you mean that you had to alter files, and upload new folders so FLV support sucks. Is there something I missed?

There is apparently a problem with the background frame and auto-sizing of the video, I will look into that...

Nice backgroundtheme you added there =) I would however suggest that you set the background color to be the same as the dark gray in your background. I have a widescreen, and the background image suddenly cuts of at the right.

Morfus
Experienced

Re: my site - flv examples

17 Jul 2008, 04:42

panaph0bic wrote:Here is my site - not much right now, but i know people wanted to see some FLV examples. I had to alter files, and upload new folders, etc...
How did you fixed that? :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jul 2008, 04:47

Morfus wrote:How did you fixed that? :)
You should be able to just add FLV files to your folders and they will display =) You may consider waiting until we have some further progress with FLV support unless you want to experience same issues as panaph0bic

Morfus
Experienced

17 Jul 2008, 04:54

i have but it doesn ´t show.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jul 2008, 04:57

Morfus wrote:i have but it doesn ´t show.
have a link? post private if you wish ...

Morfus
Experienced

17 Jul 2008, 05:10

www.barrio.se then choose "Filmer"

panaph0bic
Topic Author

17 Jul 2008, 07:48

I put the vids in a folder in content. However, there were errors. I had to copy the SWF folder to the main root (where imagevue and content folders are). I also had to copy the FLV files to /imagevue/content/ as well (as well as creating content).

I viewed my page in Safari, and when there were errors, I went to WINDOW - ACTIVITY monitor. It simply shows you what the problems were, and it helped a lot in this case.

I think thats all I had to do, but I dont remember right now, and Im on my way to work.

And yes, I do plan on making the background color the same - I just havent had time yet, and it was the background from my 1.8 site.

one of the vids was called "maui.flv" i even tried making "tn_maui.jpg", but no luck there. Video works like I want it to - just centering, and thumbnails would be great!