Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rdunlap
Topic Author

New Version of Imagevuex?

03 Aug 2007, 12:02

Did I understand that you'll soon be releasing a new version? Any details?...I'm not implying that I don't think the current release is fantastic, it is....I'm just curious what you thought would be an improvment. Also, is there anyway that you would notify us/me when this release is available? Thanks.
rjd

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

03 Aug 2007, 14:44

mjau-mjau wrote: # We are more eager than ever to release a version 2, and I can immediately say that we have been a little reserved as to how many updates and features we like to include with the current version - Mainly because the fundament of this version is several years old, and not fit to handle all the ideas we want to pack into is. Therefore: a New version in the making.

# When will this new version be available? We hope to have a new version of Imagevue ready for release by the end of this year, perhaps earlier than later, but I can not be more precise.
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Sep 2007, 02:06

read: globetrotter -

I can also confirm some of the core new features for the new release:

# Flexible/optimal layout for thumbnails and image.
# Flexible thumbnail size and style.
# Full administration features(folder and image create, remove, delete, move)
# Online configuration from admin
# Filetype support (jpg,gif,png,swf,flv(video),txt,html)

panaph0bic

16 Oct 2007, 16:49

I seriously can't wait any longer. There are a bunch of features that are needed (which all look like they're in development). However, I feel like there hasnt been updates in forever. I've already started the hunt for another image gallery that has more updates/addons/etc. I love Imagevuex and think its the best...but its driving me insane right now (mainly not having ability for multi level folders)

Ninjai

16 Oct 2007, 20:23

It's a valid discussion - considering that some of licenses here cost some significant funds. If you accept money from customers they will expect a certain level of customer service, and product updates. 8)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Oct 2007, 01:26

Ninjai wrote:It's a valid discussion - considering that some of licenses here cost some significant funds. If you accept money from customers they will expect a certain level of customer service, and product updates. 8)
We do provide good customer service, and we have also provided free upgrades for Imagevue for many years.

Now we are working on a new version(not simply an update) of Imagevue, and it obviously takes much longer time. I have mentioned earlier that I anticipate release in December, but I reserve the rights to not get lynched if there is delay.

It is a competitive market(like most others), and I am fully aware that Imagevue does not cover all the needs of every user. I am not stopping anyone from considering their options with other products, not now, not after release of our proposed forthcoming version.

I find creating the new version a challenge, taking into consideration all the aspects and different uses one has to consider.

PhotoFolio
Experienced

17 Oct 2007, 09:51

I would like to give my personal feedback to panaph0bic and all people who are looking for the ultimate flash gallery available on Earth (didn't have time yet to prospect elsewhere ;)

As a passionnate amateur photographer I decided 4 monthes ago to move my existing online gallery to a flash gallery. I firstly had a look at google, found many solutions and selected 3 of them (I have to admit that I didn't notice Imagevue :oops:). I tested them, during few weeks to have a real feedback. After few weeks, all of them had pros and cons and I choose one of them (not the best, the less worst :wink: ) and bought the licence, convinced that I would not find a better and affordable one ...

Two weeks after I migrated part of my gallery I found imagevue while browsing on a photography web site. I immediatly rushed on the present web site, compared Imagevue to the one I choose, saw the possibilities and decided to buy it in the minute : few weeks after, my feeling is that I think I will never regret it.

Why ? Just because I think Imagevue design if really well thought, even with existing limitation like the lack of multi level folders (which I found a personal work around buy encapsulating it into my web page and directly call the album I want). Imagevue is easy to manage, offers many features, forum is efficient and the more important to me : Imagevue is completly customizable, with tons of options and parameters (even in the URL) that permit to do almost what we want ! The counterpart is the need to have a detailed and updated documentation :wink:

So I migrated again my whole gallery in ... 2 days !! ... when I could expect weeks with other products, specially with those which force you to upload the photos (and destroy EXIF !) With Imagevue, I only had to move my ftp directory, even thumbails are generated 'on-the-fly' ! Very well done !!!

So now, when Karl says there is a new version on the road, seeing the announced features I think that version 2 will rock and answer requested needs. Depending on the emergency of the need, I personnaly suggest to weigh up the pros and the cons twice before switching to test another gallery. December is tomorrow ... and I guess the wait worth it ... My opinion :roll:

Photofolio

ps : sorry for my poor english from France :wink:
Last edited by PhotoFolio on 26 Oct 2007, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.

fototaker
Experienced

24 Oct 2007, 16:52

I have a dream that this present come A.S.A.P.
ImageVue is allready so much good, that each upgrade could be a cherry on a cake. (French expression)

as you want, when you want !

Kimdracula

09 Dec 2007, 23:28

it's December and i was wondering if there was going to be any announcements about the forthcoming new version?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Dec 2007, 23:37

Kimdracula

10 Dec 2007, 03:46

mjau-mjau wrote:viewtopic.php?t=1673
thank you very much Mjau, i really appreciate everything that you do for users like myself, but this doesn't really give any information on when we might be expecting to hear the release date or how close you are to having the updated version completed.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Dec 2007, 06:59

I guess I meant to paste this post: viewtopic.php?t=527

You will have to navigate to page 2 in that topic and read the end.