Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

nkamp
Topic Author

After update to 2.8.10.3 - Horinzontal menu is not as it was anymore

20 Feb 2017, 05:01

Hello,

I have made a 5 or 6 years ago a site http://www.ykeruessinkfotografie.nl with imagevuex X2 for a friend of mine. But he was now mentioning that mobile is not working. A number of years I made an upgrade to 2.8.8.2. So I thought i will first upgrade X2 to 2.8.10.3.

I have create an own theme which is a copy of Carbonizer I thought.

In the earlier version I have made a horizontal menu like screenshot "horizontal main menu 2.8.8.2.jpg", which is ok.
Afther the upgrade the horizontal menu looks like the other screenshot horizontal main menu 2.8.10.3.jpg. (This is a screenshot of the gardener theme which make it more clear what is happening.)
I try to correcte this with the imagevue.css from the own theme. I change the class .mainmenu to change the width: 400px; or changing the width of the .mainmenu_menubutton. This doesn't have any effect on the width of the menu. How can correct this so that it works as the older version.

Because it is all flash, but is there a way, such as firebug, that I can see what class or id is used?

Thanks,

Nico
Attachments
horizontal main menu 2.8.10.3.jpg
The menu after the upgrade to 2.8.10.3
horizontal main menu 2.8.10.3.jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
horizontal main menu 2.8.8.2.jpg
The menu before the upgrade
horizontal main menu 2.8.8.2.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: After update to 2.8.10.3 - Horinzontal menu is not as it was anymore

20 Feb 2017, 08:47

Do you have a link to the 2.8.10.3 version?

Imagevue X2 was discontinued several years ago, and horizontal menu was always an experimental feature anyway. If you really want horizontal menu, and a platform that also works on mobile devices and all modern browser, you need to consider new imagevue X3.
Because it is all flash, but is there a way, such as firebug, that I can see what class or id is used?
Sorry, no. You can't debug FLASH with firebug or any inspector ... besides, Flash doesn't use classes or CSS for any layout. CSS in flash is limited to simple text formatting of text fields.

nkamp
Topic Author

Re: After update to 2.8.10.3 - Horinzontal menu is not as it was anymore

20 Feb 2017, 13:35

Hello Mjau-mjau,

I thinkt that what I change in imagevue.css at the class .mainmenu, nothing is changed. I'm doubting if it is even loaded.

I know X3, but my friend likes this layout for now, and I believe if we go to X3 we have to build more or less a new site. For now it is enough.

Nico