Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Rodolfo Ugarte
Topic Author

Phone Numbers Dial

20 Sep 2013, 13:46

Hi there, can anyone help me on this?

Here is the problem. I have been using TEXT PAGES on the Mobile Gallery and some of them has Telephone numbers you can dial on yout mobile by ising this HTML syntax:

<a href="tel:phone-number">Call (code)phone-number</a>

And Everything Worked just awesome in Android and iPhone as well, but the problem is now that apple has upgraded to IOS7 the iPhone just dont dial the numer anymore if you have the Gallery Added to the Home Screen, i mean if you open the Gallery on Safary and you can tap on the phone numbers and they will work, they will dial with no problem, but.... if you have the Gallery added to the Home Screen, they wont work anymore.

Android Phones still dial the phone number when you tap on it directly on the browser of if you have the gallery added to homescreen as well

How can i solve this ptoblem in order to make iPhone devices to dial again?

Thanks in advance

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Phone Numbers Dial

21 Sep 2013, 05:58

This is a useful function with the phone link. However, if in iOS7 it has been disabled for websites that are opened as apps (from home screen), then I doubt there is any workaround for this. If anything, some solution would show up in Google search, and if so it would simply be related to the html code ... nothing in Imagevues inner workings would solve this.

If it did in fact change for iOS7 as you mention, I would assume this is something added related to security, and if so, I doubt there will be any solution.

Rodolfo Ugarte
Topic Author

Re: Phone Numbers Dial

26 Sep 2013, 15:31

Hello there!

First of all, thanks a lot for taking some time to reply my post.

Now moving forward to the field, i have found that if you tap on the Phone Number, and keep your finger pressed, that way Iphone will prompt you to perform the Followeing Actions. 1.- Phone Call 2.-SMS Send 3.- Add to Contacts. and 4.- Copy

So well, this is not the usual method that people are used to dial a PhNumbers but, anyway it does the trick.

Now for image usage... lets says that you create a button called DIAL NOW and you use the same HTML code: <a href="tel:phone-number">Call (code)phone-number</a> Unfortunatelly this will not work even when you keep the image button pressed, so links on images will no longer work once the Website is saved into HomeScreen

It´s a shame really, that this last IOS7 ugrade kill the natural way a HTML link work on mobile devices, still we can use the browser version with no problem at all.

If I find some other news about this matter i will let you know.

Thanks a lot for your time!