Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

spiritx
Experienced
Topic Author

My Flex website with ImageVue : 70% (wildlife photography)

13 Oct 2008, 04:21

Hi,

just to annouce that i'm still implementing my Flex website with ImageVue, and it works quiet good ! :D
The installation of ImageVue was very easy, and it's configuration and making my own theme took a little bit time but was not impossible.

Just a little bug, when i click on each link of the link bar "photo gallery", it should open the different folder of the imagevue, but it always open the startfolder or the last apge of imagevue that was viewed.
i don't understand why, because for each link i specify the folder to open... :(

So here is the site, notice just that it's not completely ended (the photos are not the one i will finally select), and that i have still some work on the flex interface.

Enjoy (click on the "Oiseaux" button in the link bar in the bottom, and then i suggest "wild vision" in the imagevue menu) :
http://www.nature-sauvage.com

Your comments are welcome to have your opinions.

Thanks,
Anthony
Last edited by spiritx on 25 Feb 2009, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Oct 2008, 11:47

Nice job! One of the best custom imagevue integrations I have seen, for sure.

I think the problem with your different folders, is the SWFAddress module. It changes in the URL when you enter the gallery, and then when you go back to your main site it is still there. When you then goto a gallery again, it will use the data stored in the path.

I suggest you disable swfaddress module in config -> settings, or you may need to find another way around it. Keep in mind, you could also use the SWFAddress to open different folders instead of "?startfolder" parameter which I presume you are using now ...

Back to your site, I have a few comments:

# I see you are using the "purchase" link on image rollover. This has been enabled in the latest release imagevue 20081015:
viewtopic.php?t=3241

# The main menu items seem to be breaking out of the menu background somehow. I am not sure if this is perhaps a combination of some settings ...

# I visited the "Wild Vision" gallery, and the photos are very nice, but they don't match well with the background image of a southern european beach.

spiritx
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Oct 2008, 03:21

Hi Karl, thanks for your compliment.
I still have a big work to do, on my photos selection, but it's in a good way, and some minors finishing in the main Flex Application.

A good point, is that now the photo menu works ! Befor, i used links with the index.php (like this http://www.nature-sauvage.com/imagevue/ ... ent/birds/) in the flex, and whatever the folder i asked, it always loaded the main page.

So as you give me an idea, i now indicate the swf url and it works fine (like this : http://www.nature-sauvage.com/imagevue/ ... ent/birds/) ! Cool ! :D

About your comments :

#1. Yep, i've seen, i was waiting for this feature, thanks a lot. But i think i'm waiting the final release (do you have an idea when ?) of V2.

#2. I don't understand what you mean, sorry for my english...

#3. That's right, i have to find a more "general" background.

At least, a question, is it possible to integrate directly in my Flex your audio player ? I mean, is ther a swf for the audio player. Because mine is just a one song player.

thanks
Anthony

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Oct 2008, 04:35

#1 since the latest release, there is no reason any more to wait for final release because all your customizations will now be stored in separate files. I believe next release will be Imagevue 2.0 "final" although it won't be final in that sense.

Unfortunately, the audioplayer does not come as standalone.

carter2
Experienced

20 Oct 2008, 17:03

Very nice indeed, I love the panoramic images.

Girasol

Custom

22 Feb 2009, 11:07

Hello, i have been looking for quite a while how to use the field "custom".

I have activated the field (config) and when I take a look in the backend at the pictures there is a new field "custom".

What has to be filled in this field?
What is the custom function for?

Thanks for the help ! Greetings

Defiant
Experienced

23 Feb 2009, 04:11

:shock: :shock: :shock:
amazing... what a work in this one..! yes some jealousy here :D
its beautiful! (pictures also!!!)

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

23 Feb 2009, 11:07

You have error on frontpage of your site, link goes to http://www.nature-sauvage.com/photographiesphp instead of .php
firedev.com

spiritx
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Feb 2009, 05:36

carter2 wrote:Very nice indeed, I love the panoramic images.
Thanks Carter for your comment. As i said the images are not the finals one, but thanks for the panoramics.
Defiant wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
amazing... what a work in this one..! yes some jealousy here :D
its beautiful! (pictures also!!!)
Thanks defiant, it's great to hear this ! :D I'm working on an english version also.
pain wrote:You have error on frontpage of your site, link goes to http://www.nature-sauvage.com/photographiesphp instead of .php

Exact Pain, i had one of the intro images javascript url error. That's corrected, thanks !