Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

PhotoFolio
Experienced
Topic Author

"Purchase" feature

25 Dec 2008, 22:48

Could somebody explain how to use this feature that can be set at many places ? I guess it must be linked to at least to a page link but how ?

I wish it could (soon or later) be possible to select one print size among a list (e.g. 10x15, 13x18, 20x30, 30x45 and 50x75) and then ask for a Paypal payment (the request should of course give some info (file name, folder or better ... the thumbnail !) to identified the ordered photo) ... I don't expect a complexe_commerce system, but something simple but efficient. Can it be done easily in your opinion ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Dec 2008, 03:17

I have created a guide to the [purchase] feature here:
viewtopic.php?p=13828

Regarding your request to add print sizes - You could do this by yourself simply by adding separate links in the description, that go to a payment processor.

What about when you receive an order? Is this intangible goods, or do you send a "print" to the customer? I am trying to think how we could keep an ecommerce system simple - Right now it seems quite complex, every user being able to add any kinds of parameters that are to be forwarded and processed by a multitude of payment proessors. Your parameters also need an interface for selection, unless you only use text links.

PhotoFolio
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Dec 2008, 05:50

Thanks for your FAST and complete answer Karl ... as usual ;)

delkro

09 Feb 2010, 05:37

Hello,
I'm really interested in this feature.
But when you talk about adding a separate link in the description, I don't really understand.
Do you mean the Imageinfo button ?
I have a problem with this button. It appears when I rollover the image.
But nothing happens when I click on it.
How does it work ?
Thanks (and sorry for my english :) )

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2010, 05:04

delkro wrote:Hello,
I'm really interested in this feature.
But when you talk about adding a separate link in the description, I don't really understand.
Do you mean the Imageinfo button ?
I have a problem with this button. It appears when I rollover the image.
But nothing happens when I click on it.
How does it work ?
Thanks (and sorry for my english :) )
Ok, let me try to explain a bit. First of all, in the following link you will found out how to use the purchase feature:
viewtopic.php?p=13828

Unfortunately, as specified to the earlier question in this post, you can not support multiple choice purchases with the purchase button, because it only supports a single link. The only way to achieve something like that, would be to add your purchase options to the main oimage description. For examples:

Description here ..
<a>Buy large size</a>
<a>Buy medium size</a>
<a>Buy small size</a>

Each link would go to a different purchase page depending on the link parameters. So again, I have to just say the special "purchase" link function will not support multiple links like above.

As for the imageinfo button, this is a separate issue altogether. It can be set so that it displays EXIF image data on image rollover, but the EXIF text item needs to be assigned to this button. Tell me if you need help with this ... (If you are going to use it)