Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

Scale textpages?

28 Oct 2008, 10:42

Is it possible to give textpages the possibility of scaling with the size of a browser window? It seems images in galleries are able to do it; can we apply this option to textpages?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Oct 2008, 05:00

It already scales vertically based on the size of the browser window. Not sure how you would have it done for the width though - The width is set from a parameter in your theme.

I personally think it would not look nice if the textpage scales the width of the screen also. It might overlap certain items, and its certainly not easy to read text that covers the entire width of the screen if you are on a high resolution!

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Oct 2008, 10:47

mjau-mjau wrote:It already scales vertically based on the size of the browser window. Not sure how you would have it done for the width though - The width is set from a parameter in your theme.

I personally think it would not look nice if the textpage scales the width of the screen also. It might overlap certain items, and its certainly not easy to read text that covers the entire width of the screen if you are on a high resolution!
I guess my problem is when I view my textpage on my iMac it looks great; I like the large opening image and none of the elements interfere with one another. But when it's viewed on my laptop I have the problems you've stated above. Things overlap, and the textpage is cut in half vertically.

It would just be nice to have it viewable on screens of various sizes. If I shrink the size of the textpage, the image looks kind of small on my iMac but looks good on the laptop.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Oct 2008, 23:01

Not quite sure what "image" you are referring to ... I presume you have embedded an image into a textpage?

On your laptop your textpage is "cut off" vertically you say... but there is a scrollbar on the left so you can scroll the content ...

The way your putting it, you want the textpage to be narrow on large screens, and wider on small screens ... I don't understand how that would interfere less with items on the page.

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Oct 2008, 13:25

mjau-mjau wrote:Not quite sure what "image" you are referring to ... I presume you have embedded an image into a textpage?

On your laptop your textpage is "cut off" vertically you say... but there is a scrollbar on the left so you can scroll the content ...

The way your putting it, you want the textpage to be narrow on large screens, and wider on small screens ... I don't understand how that would interfere less with items on the page.
Yes, I'm referring to the image embedded into a textpage. Take a look at what I'm talking about:

On my laptop, the image fills the entire screen and is cut off horizontally (I accidentally said vertically before). The gallery menu overlaps the image. On my other computer with a larger screen, the image displays full and looks nice and there's plenty of room for the gallery menu. On my laptop, I don't see a scroll bar, but regardless I'd like the image to be the introduction to my web page, similar to the startimage in V1:

I would just use the opening page as a gallery instead of a textpage, but I don't want the single thumbnail at the bottom.

I don't know any other way to accomplish what I'm after, and maybe I'm just making things too complicated.
Last edited by film915 on 27 Apr 2010, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Oct 2008, 01:46

We will be working on 1 or two improved startmode features, like an opening image etc.

Your usage of the textpage is kinda out of spec, because I would recommend you to set it less wide so that it looks nice on all screens(like in the default settings), but then it would not accommodate your somewhat large image of course.

Why not make your startimage and textpage slightly small for now, and then you will be sure it displays nicely on all screens. In the meantime, keep an eye out for updates/official demos and we may be releasing improved startmode features like a single image(with or without effects)

film915
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Oct 2008, 02:18

mjau-mjau wrote:We will be working on 1 or two improved startmode features, like an opening image etc.
This is great, and likely will solve most of the issues I'm having.
mjau-mjau wrote:Why not make your startimage and textpage slightly small for now, and then you will be sure it displays nicely on all screens. In the meantime, keep an eye out for updates/official demos and we may be releasing improved startmode features like a single image(with or without effects)
I'm in no real hurry... I've been patient for the last couple months and a little while longer won't hurt me. Thanks for all your help and hard work and please do keep a Sitemenu in mind as well!