X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

nz-photo
Experienced
Topic Author

Trial /Demo version?

29 Jan 2018, 06:34

Hey Karl how you doing ?
After a long time I'm back on imagevue after receiving the email about X3 def. version release and offer to buy it.
I've just downloaded this new version and been trying to configure it with my old settings of earlier x3 to check if everything's ok before buying it.
Though I can't go into my folder galleries as I have a message 'invalid license www.photo-gallery.com' that take me to the website.
Is this normal behavior before any purchase ? Or is there something I've missed to be able to run it as a trial ?
Thanks for your precisions Karl and great work from what I've seen so far.
Nico
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

nz-photo
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Trial /Demo version?

29 Jan 2018, 08:35

Ok I've managed to open the pages from the main index in a new page and then it works as it should do,
so I can now check and update my various settings until everything's fine and my buy...
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jan 2018, 10:01

Was this generally resolved? When you say "configuring it with old settings" do you mean you were setting it up with similar settings are your old installation? Or that you have been trying to copy old settings files? The latter could create problems.
nz-photo wrote:Though I can't go into my folder galleries as I have a message 'invalid license www.photo-gallery.com' that take me to the website.
You mean you get that message in the panel? That is just a "nag" that shows up once in a while in the panel for domains that are not licensed. It doesn't take you to www.photo.gallery (unless you click the link), the dialog box can easily be closed, and it doesn't prevent any panel functionality.
nz-photo wrote:Is this normal behavior before any purchase ? Or is there something I've missed to be able to run it as a trial ?
The nag may show every X time you load the panel, but it shouldn't prevent any functionality. Just close it.

nz-photo
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Jan 2018, 10:25

Well I have copied (ftp) all the folders and files of the new x3 just downloaded but the content folder. Then added the new items of this content folder... 

While I had to configure again some part of the gallery to have it set as before (0.21.4 I think)
When on my main page to I check the overall layout and behavior, if I click on one item of my menu the popup appears 
and if clicking on 'OK' it then brings me to photogallery website or If I choose 'cancel' I'm staying on the main page.
Now if I right click on the menu item to open it in another tab, I don't have the popup and it opens the requested page..
You can check it if I' not clear  : www.nz-photo.com (I'm still working on it for preview images etc...)
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jan 2018, 10:50

Ok I see what this is ...

Basically you don't have a license for nz-photo.com, which in itself is not a problem. However, unlicensed websites are not allowed to HIDE the FOOTER, and must show the link to our website www.photo.gallery in footer. In your case, you have hidden the footer on the home page ... This is not allowed any longer from the panel for unlicensed websites, thus X3 thinks there is some improper activity going on.

This is why it works for other pages but not the home page.

Solve it by re-enabling the footer. You might have to look in Index > Page > Advanced > Body classes, and remove "footer-hidden" ... Or maybe navigate to index settings > gallery > slideshow, uncheck "hide footer" (if it is selected).

You can of course hide the footer in any way once the site is licensed.

nz-photo
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Jan 2018, 11:07

Ah OK understood. That makes sense :)
Thanks for the explaination Karl. Indeed the fullscreen home page was from my former license.
Anyway I'm going to check the update price to buy the license of course.
Thanks for your time once again.

Btw was my updating process right ?

Edit : I made the change and indeed it runs smoothly now. ;)
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jan 2018, 22:50

nz-photo wrote:Btw was my updating process right ?
It was a bit unclear to me exactly what you did, but it should be fine. At this point in time, you can "update" directly from Panel > Tools > X3 Updates. In your case, you probably should have used x3_updater.php (which is the same as used in the panel). You can also update via latest update ZIP of course, as long as you keep your /content/ and /config/ directories ... It should no longer be necessary to install or update X3 via ZIP files using FTP though.
https://www.photo.gallery/docs/setup/installation/
https://www.photo.gallery/docs/help/updating/

nz-photo
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Jan 2018, 06:01

Yes I've seen after updating that I now have the updating process in the panel, but I haven't before that's why I tried the manual one as in old good times ;)
Didn't notice anything wrong so far while checking my layout etc... So it should be fine. Thanks.
www.nz-photo.com