Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Developer Licence Upgraded & Account Management

27 Jan 2018, 00:51

Bulletproof IT wrote:Hi, I didn't realise there were multiple licences to choose on upgrade.
Please cancel purchase so I may upgrade again.
You purchased with the spamblock.it email? I can cancel and refund it if you like, although I am not 100% sure what upgrade option you referring to. The 10-pack multi-license?
Bulletproof IT wrote:Additionally, after updating our email address, it still does not recognise it? (despite receiving one email confirmation of purchase to that address)
I don't quite understand what you mean "it" still does not recognize it. What is "it" and where are you trying to log in? We don't use your email for login anywhere. You purchased with an email "**********@spamblock.it", and X3 purchase details were successfully forwarded to that email (screenshot), although it seems the email was not opened (although that could be wrong).

For the record, since you hate spam (who doesn't :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), we NEVER spam of course, and have spent years dealing with this ourselves, both for keeping our quality of outgoing emails, and also to stop spam on our incoming emails.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Please add the ability to log in, update your profile (email address, company, name, ...), download invoices, manage a several licences, their associated installations, and contact details, etcetera.
We intent to include a license manager, but we do not intent to build an invoice manager. Neither do we store your "company name" or any address, as if you input this in the first place (in paypal), it is used strictly for Paypal. We only use the email to send X3 update notifications through our service provider mailchimp.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Would you please update the email address and cancel transaction so may purchase again. 
Thank you.
Update the email address to what new email? If I am to cancel the transaction, then I don't see any point in updating an email address of a cancelled order. Please re-confirm your intentions.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

27 Jan 2018, 02:07

Strange,, as that new email address received the licence, but the 2013 or 2015 original email address is the only email address that can log in still to renew/purchase etc.
Recognise it? No it's simple, I logged in with Email1. Ordered, updated Email1 to Email2. Received licence to Email2, but cannot login with Email2. Make sense? Very simple.  So changing the email address during purchase, didn't update the email in the database.
Keeping Critical for charity wing and Bulletproof for paying clientele. Spam Block is simply to manage email and track origination of emails! i.e. non-personal email.
Please remove the domains above, is possible.

1. Please cancel order, and I'll order the upgrade again with the developer licence. Thanks.
2. Update email to what new email? To the email that the licence was sent to. The login remains the old email. Cannot login with new email. Bug?
3. How does one obtain a PDF/HTML/TXT invoice?
4. But what about the installations - e.g. beta and live? No need to decommission live licence from one install and then re-use on new install? No need for this? 
5. Forced to enter domain name during purchase. Can I update this domain later? As have not purchased new domain for that purpose. Thanks. :D

Happy Australia Day!  :upside_down:
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Jan 2018, 04:01

Bulletproof IT wrote:Strange,, as that new email address received the licence, but the 2013 or 2015 original email address is the only email address that can log in still to renew/purchase etc.
Recognise it? No it's simple, I logged in with Email1. Ordered, updated Email1 to Email2. Received licence to Email2, but cannot login with Email2. Make sense? Very simple.  So changing the email address during purchase, didn't update the email in the database.
Keeping Critical for charity wing and Bulletproof for paying clientele. Spam Block is simply to manage email and track origination of emails! i.e. non-personal email.
I answered this in an email. It seems you have been lead to believe the "upgrade" page https://www.photo.gallery/buy/#x3_upgrade also modifies your OLD Imagevue X2 order details. It doesn't. As you can see, the NEW X3 license you purchase (from the upgrade page) is registered to the NEW email you added. Your OLD Imagevue account details will remain the same ... If you for some reason need to "upgrade" again, you can still use your OLD imagevue ID, but the email there is not used for ANYTHING, apart from you being able to purchase X3 licenses at discount price.

You are not "changing" anything when you make a purchase from the X3 upgrade page. You are simply purchasing a NEW X3 License/ID, registered to whatever email you include in the email field.

If you really want, I can manually change the emails registered to your old Imagevue X2 purchase, but this doesn't have any benefit for neither you are me!
Bulletproof IT wrote:Please remove the domains above, is possible.
I have refunded your purchase. I am not sure what domains you want removed.
Bulletproof IT wrote:1. Please cancel order, and I'll order the upgrade again with the developer licence. Thanks.
Refunded!
Bulletproof IT wrote:2. Update email to what new email? To the email that the licence was sent to. The login remains the old email. Cannot login with new email. Bug?
There is no "login". Your X3 license is registered to where the license details were sent to. Your OLD Imagevue ID/email remains unchanged, but nobody is using this any more except for upgrading from the X3 purchase page.
Bulletproof IT wrote:3. How does one obtain a PDF/HTML/TXT invoice?
Normally, you can use the receipt by Paypal. Technically, the payment was made through Paypal. If you want, you can request a custom invoice in PDF.
Bulletproof IT wrote:4. But what about the installations - e.g. beta and live? No need to decommission live licence from one install and then re-use on new install? No need for this? 
No need for this. X3 licenses are DOMAIN-based. Even if you run X3 on an unlicensed domain, it will still work nicely, and only a small link to our website displays at the bottom.
Bulletproof IT wrote:5. Forced to enter domain name during purchase. Can I update this domain later? As have not purchased new domain for that purpose.
Yes. For now, just let us know by email (or here). At some point, we will offer a license manager.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Happy Australia Day!  :upside_down:
Oh happy Ozzy day!  :sunglasses:

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

27 Jan 2018, 07:35

mjau-mjau wrote:I answered this in an email. It seems you have been lead to believe the "upgrade" page https://www.photo.gallery/buy/#x3_upgrade also modifies your OLD Imagevue X2 order details. It doesn't. As you can see, the NEW X3 license you purchase (from the upgrade page) is registered to the NEW email you added. Your OLD Imagevue account details will remain the same ... If you for some reason need to "upgrade" again, you can still use your OLD imagevue ID, but the email there is not used for ANYTHING, apart from you being able to purchase X3 licenses at discount price.
Oh happy Ozzy day!  :sunglasses:
Okay perfect. Brilliant.
However, I think you missed everything I mentioned, as what you said above is nothing to do with what I have mentioned.  :confused:

The NEW email address entered that is then associated to a NEW order ID and NEW licence ID etc, does *NOT* work.  You visit the page and type in asdf@domain.com (entered during upgrade, for example, which successfully received the X3 licence).  Then it says "Not found".  So you type it again or copy from licence email.  "Not found".  You type in X2 email and "Success"!
Why does X3 email *NOT* work. This is what I keep highlighting as the issue, the new email address is not recognised! A BUG. You cannot manage the NEW licence or purchase 10 more licences.  Bug!  Bug!  Cannot enter NEW email address.  Not saved/applied.  The NEW email address for X3 is *NOT* recognised. 
Has it clicked yet?  Otherwise, never mind...   :zipper_mouth:
It is either already on you list of to-fix, or someone else who inputs a new email address will soon tell you.  :thinking:
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Jan 2018, 09:32

Bulletproof IT wrote: Okay perfect. Brilliant.
However, I think you missed everything I mentioned, as what you said above is nothing to do with what I have mentioned.  :confused:
It is.
Bulletproof IT wrote:The NEW email address entered that is then associated to a NEW order ID and NEW licence ID etc, does *NOT* work.  You visit the page and type in asdf@domain.com (entered during upgrade, for example, which successfully received the X3 licence).  Then it says "Not found".  So you type it again or copy from licence email.  "Not found".  Why does X3 email *NOT* work. This is what I keep highlighting as the issue, the new email address is not recognised!
That is correct ... The email you yesterday purchased an X3 license with, does NOT WORK for the upgrade page. The upgrade page requires an X2 license.
Bulletproof IT wrote:You type in X2 email and "Success"!
That is correct. The UPGRADE page recognizes X2 orders. I this a problem for you?
Bulletproof IT wrote:It is either already on you list of to-fix, or someone else who inputs a new email address will soon tell you.  :thinking:
It's been like this for two years already, nobody has had any problems. I don't see why it should be a problem for you either. ANY/ALL of your new X3 purchases will get assigned to the new email you add on the upgrade purchase page. The UPGRADE page is where you enter your Imagevue X2 details, and then you get to purchase an X3 license at 50% discount ... AND you can assign a new email for your X3 purchase.

You can proceed or not, but this topic I don't have time to discuss back and forth any longer, as there doesn't seem to be any constructive outcome, and there is nothing that hinders you in proceeding.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

27 Jan 2018, 23:34

Delete whole post please.
» I Imagevue X3 «