Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

Road Map or basic instructions

11 Feb 2016, 23:08

I guess my brain is just not suited for x3. I am finding this version to be the most difficult to understand. Make a mistake and you are basically F*cked. I was removing some oversized image files and somehow all images in all the galleries got deleted. I had to reload the entire ver. again. Good thing I was just starting. Is there some sort of road map that may explain some of the most basic settings and general idea of how the system is supposed to work. Also, searching the forum is of little help when x2 is mixed in with x3.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Road Map or basic instructions

12 Feb 2016, 00:18

It's a simple as we could make it unfortunately, without limiting the possibilities of having an ultra-modern html5 website managed by a user.
swamphox wrote:Make a mistake and you are basically F*cked. I was removing some oversized image files and somehow all images in all the galleries got deleted.
Really not sure what you are referring to specifically here. Could it be you mixed up the file-action buttons (when files are selected), and the folder action buttons? I don't see how this can be documented in X3, as it's not a feature to "delete all your galleries", unless you selected "all" folders and clicked delete. The only other reason that would happen, would be a bug, but then we need to be able to re-produce it.
swamphox wrote:Is there some sort of road map that may explain some of the most basic settings and general idea of how the system is supposed to work. Also, searching the forum is of little help when x2 is mixed in with x3.
There is already extensive HELP-information already available directly from the panel. Almost all settings have [?] help buttons attached. There will however be new documentation pages available within 1-2 months.

I was not sure if you had any more specific questions that could be answered.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Feb 2016, 00:38

I do have more specific questions but I'll wait until there are really specific and I can express clearly what my problems are. Like I said, my brain is not wired for the way this is laid out. Too old school I guess. I am making progress, slowly, but making it.

I am not asking you to do this but some video tutorials would be helpful. I know there are people out there that seem to have copious amounts of time that could make tutorials. I AM NOT asking you to do this. There are people who love imagevue that are probably wired the same as I am who would really benefit from a visual aide.

There has got to be some users out there that would do this...the amount of crap on youtube...I mean really....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2016, 00:45

Yes I agree ... X3 as a product just came out of beta, and we did not yet launch a new website + documentation. There are lots of settings and options (bells and whistles) to drive any normal human being mad.

We would eventually like to have extensive documentation, feature-specific tutorials, and perhaps some videos.