Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

nkamp
Topic Author

Question(s) changing contact/social media on top, localhost?

19 Sep 2017, 05:27

Hello,

I'm "playing" with the X3 version on my localhost XAMPP/Win7:
  1. At this moment you can configure the contact/social medio on the left/right and another position (I don't know at this moment from the top of my head). These are 'big' coloured buttons. Is it possible to put this on top like my screenshot example which I send with this question? (imagevuex example to put contact and social media on top.jpg). Or must I create this by my self with css.?
  2. Other question I'm testing this on my localhost (with PHP7). If I upload some pictures and I open the menu item, most pictures are not there. Only the text is written there (imagevuex upload issue 1.jpg, imagevuex upload issue 2.jpg). Also after a few times refreshing or stop/start Apache server or Empty the cache. In the end they are there but it take's a while and I do not understand why and I hope that it works on this way when I put the site live!
  3. The "examples" are not working on my localhost! I have been googling and changed the line "#ProxyPass /examples ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/examples smax=0 ttl=60 retry=5" in httpd-ajp.conf, but it is still not working. Do you have an idea why it is not working?
With regards

Thanks,

Nico
Attachments
imagevuex upload issue 2.jpg
imagevuex upload issue 2.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
imagevuex upload issue 1.jpg
imagevuex upload issue 1.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
imagevuex example to put contact and social media on top.jpg
imagevuex example to put contact and social media on top.jpg (5.16 KiB) Viewed 2052 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Question(s) changing contact/social media on top, localhost?

19 Sep 2017, 07:00

nkamp wrote:At this moment you can configure the contact/social medio on the left/right and another position (I don't know at this moment from the top of my head). These are 'big' coloured buttons. Is it possible to put this on top like my screenshot example which I send with this question? (imagevuex example to put contact and social media on top.jpg). Or must I create this by my self with css.?
You can't use the the toolbar and/or footer in X3 to create a "TOPBAR" section unfortunately. We already plan to create a "topbar plugin" like in your screenshot, where you can add various text, details, static links and social icons.

In the meantime, if you wanted to add your own topbar, the best solution would probably be to inject in by javascript on page load, and of course have some CSS to style it. Wouldn't be too complicated.
nkamp wrote:Other question I'm testing this on my localhost (with PHP7). If I upload some pictures and I open the menu item, most pictures are not there. Only the text is written there (imagevuex upload issue 1.jpg, imagevuex upload issue 2.jpg). Also after a few times refreshing or stop/start Apache server or Empty the cache. In the end they are there but it take's a while and I do not understand why and I hope that it works on this way when I put the site live!
Almost impossible for me to say anything with a localhost server. Depending on the size of the uploaded images, it could be memory-related (especially if it works after some time), but from the screenshots, it look like it could be related to a misconfigured SYMLINK setup. You can try to open the file /app/parsers/slir/slirconfig.class.php:
Code
if(stripos($_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'], 'iis') !== false) self::$useRequestCache = FALSE;
Change to:
Code
self::$useRequestCache = FALSE;
There is no reason to believe the issue will exist on live server.
nkamp wrote:The "examples" are not working on my localhost! I have been googling and changed the line "#ProxyPass /examples ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/examples smax=0 ttl=60 retry=5" in httpd-ajp.conf, but it is still not working. Do you have an idea why it is not working?
Not quite sure what you mean "examples" are not working ... The page doesn't load or what? Other pages work? I don't know what that proxypass fix does either ... There is no difference between the examples page and any other page, just the text and content. Again, it's almost impossible for me to diagnose X3 local hosted. It will work on production server.

nkamp
Topic Author

12 Oct 2017, 10:22

Hello,

I had a 'demo' on a subdomain of myself.

[BEGIN SOLVED]
<strike>
I have made on my localhost a new 'demo' with the pictures of the man I'm working for and import all his pictures so that he can see how it looks like.
I moved that demo with FTP from my localhost to this subdomain and than I have still the issue (see my screenshot 1). I have purge the cache. I have also delete everything in the cache directory.

Next step: On this subdomain, I have deleted all the pictures of the index page and than upload again. Add the moment of selecting the pictures, I see all the little thumbs of the pictures so that's right. When I upload the pictures and they are gone again (see my screenshot 2/3).

The weird thing is maybe, if I click on the picture than the picture is shown. So far it is uploaded well.

I have also made you're change as you suggest, but that doesn't make any sense so put it back to it's original. Is there somewere een absolute path defined?
</strike>
[END SOLVED]

I have run the diagnostic (screenshot 5) and now it works well!:smile: Only one pictures gives a problem but that is I think due the name of the picture!

Than another thing what I saw. When scroll down from the index page and the menu is gone, I scroll a little bit, than happens this, see my screenshot 4, to the menu.

Thanks,
With Regards,

Nico
Attachments
screenshot5 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg
screenshot5 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
screenshot4 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg
screenshot4 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
screenshot3 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg
screenshot3 -reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
screenshot2-reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg
screenshot2-reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg (44.6 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
screenshot1-reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg
screenshot1-reset_nicovandekamp_nl.jpg (27.52 KiB) Viewed 1999 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Oct 2017, 04:05

nkamp wrote:Than another thing what I saw. When scroll down from the index page and the menu is gone, I scroll a little bit, than happens this, see my screenshot 4, to the menu.
Is this a question? The menu, when set to "fixed on scroll up", will vanish when scrolling down, but appear when scrolling up. I can't reply to this unless you send me a link and explain what is wrong. I just see a screenshot with a menu in it.