Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

Image/Album counter not working properly?

21 Aug 2017, 14:55

Hi mjau-mjau,

i'm so sorry, but it seems i have the next issue.  :blush: It's regarding the Image/Album Counter in the Gallery menu preview.
As you can so on the picture the Counter for Gallery "Marine" Shows one Image. But directly on the page "Gallery" there you can see i have 3 Albums there.  :thinking: 

It's just a wrong setting at my end or a bug?

THX in advance
Nico

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Image/Album counter not working properly?

22 Aug 2017, 00:16

It says "1 image" and "3 albums", which is different, and probably correct. Amount of IMAGES in a folder is not the same as the amount of FOLDERS (albums) inside a folder.

In both the menu and the folders layout, you can choose to display FOLDERS_AMOUNT or images AMOUNT. In your case, you are displaying the folders amount in the folders layout (how many albums the page has), while your menu is displaying the images amount (how many images are in the folder).

The folders layout allows both folders amount and images amount:

The carousel menu allows "amount", as it's unusual to have albums inside a carousel item, since it's only one level:

In both cases though, you can remove the item, or change to "amount" for the folders listing.

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Aug 2017, 18:15

Unfortunately i'm unable to change the "amount" and "folders_amount" for my start page.

So, it's working for my Gallery site and all Sub sites below the Gallery. There i can adapt the view and can add/remove "amount" and "folders_amount" function. But for any reason it's not working on my start page. When the mouse over is poping up, it still shows 0 Images.

Then i tried so simply remove the Counter via selecting my start page (index). Go to FOLDERS and remove "amount" and "folders_amount" from ITEMS field. But then the mouse over function still Shows "0 Images" if i do a mouse over on gallery. :(

Untitled.jpg
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
config
Untitled.jpg (85.46 KiB) Viewed 1931 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Aug 2017, 02:06

Niggoh wrote:When the mouse over is poping up, it still shows 0 Images.
This isn't related to the items previously mentioned. This is your folders CAPTION settings for the given page. Just scroll down to CAPTIONS and disable it or change it.

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Sep 2017, 11:23

Thanks to mjau-mjau. This did the job as expedted:

Go to Gallerie > settings > MENU > dropdown > carousel items, and remove "amount" (click it and delete on keyboard).

Topic closed.  :clap: