Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

locher
Topic Author

Fixed + Slideshow ?

26 Oct 2016, 12:39

I really like the effect of "Fixed background" for the "Intro Image" plugin, and I wonder if it can be extended for the slideshow gallery type: to have multiple pictures displayed instead of a single image - but with the cool scroll effect. 

I understand that these are technically different things - the plugin and the gallery type - but can they theoretically be combined in future?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Fixed + Slideshow ?

26 Oct 2016, 23:43

I'm afraid the short answer to this is no  :grimacing:

The "fixed background" for the intro image is part of CSS specification "background-attachment: fixed;", and therefore handled effectively by the browser itself. You will find that this CSS doesn't even work for mobile devices, since it is considered heavy on CPU while scrolling.

Theoretically we could build a system where the slideshow is fixed also ... It would be complicated, and will probably have an adverse effect on scrolling while there are ongoing transitions. Also, with a fixed slideshow it is likely the slideshow will require "rendering" in the browser at all times, even when hidden behind other elements ... Considering the challenges and possible pitfalls, and the fact that the effect is purely "cosmetic", this will have to wait ...

Thanks for suggestion though!