X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Kat
Experienced
Topic Author

Footer link + google indexing + exif

28 Apr 2017, 06:46

Hi Karl,

- When i open first my website, the custom link under icons buttons is almost hidden. I had to reload my page to see the complete footer.
After searching,  if i remove the "no-footer" in body-classes tag from my index page, the problem is solved.
Is it some bug or why if i disable the footer on one page, it doesn't show right on the others pages ?

- About Google referencing/indexing my site,  they add the footer link after the title of my website. How to change this ?

- Is it possible to add exif per photo not on all photos ?

Send you my link via PM so you can test please,

Thank you
Kati

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Footer link + google indexing + exif

28 Apr 2017, 12:09

Kat wrote:- When i open first my website, the custom link under icons buttons is almost hidden. I had to reload my page to see the complete footer.
After searching,  if i remove the "no-footer" in body-classes tag from my index page, the problem is solved.
Is it some bug or why if i disable the footer on one page, it doesn't show right on the others pages ?
Sounds like you have been upgrading from a very earlier version of X3? In which case, it could be the "no-footer" class has been inherited ... This class is not generally something you should be using, unless you specifically want to hide the footer. Did you try to remove it? Please try.
Kat wrote:- About Google referencing/indexing my site,  they add the footer link after the title of my website. How to change this ?
From the reference in your private message, I am not quite sure what you expected? The page in mention has this text at top of page "follow me on my INSTAGRAM gallery  | recent posts", and page description:
Code
<meta name="description" content="follow me on my INSTAGRAM gallery  | recent posts">
This is what Google will display, and is displaying ... What text did you expect it to display?
Kat wrote:- Is it possible to add exif per photo not on all photos ?
You can disable EXIF on a per-page basis. Furthermore, X3 will only display EXIF info for images that contain EXIF. But no, you cannot select a specific image which contains EXIF info, and tell X3 to NOT display EXIF for only that image, but all the others ...

Kat
Experienced
Topic Author

28 Apr 2017, 17:03

mjau-mjau wrote:Sounds like you have been upgrading from a very earlier version of X3? In which case, it could be the "no-footer" class has been inherited ... This class is not generally something you should be using, unless you specifically want to hide the footer. Did you try to remove it? Please try.
I upgrated from X3_21 and  in main pages detail>body classes>no-footer  tag is still available in the last release X3_22, but i should not be using it ? I just want hide the icons and footer for the home page. Now i removed the tag "no-footer" so it's display ok on the other pages. Maybe i should try some custom css display:none
mjau-mjau wrote:This is what Google will display, and is displaying ... What text did you expect it to display ?
Code
<meta name="description" content="follow me on my INSTAGRAM gallery  | recent posts">
Well this is the description and it's ok. I am talking about the title of the page, the first line in blue. It can be any pages, as you see on the image i sended you.  I don't understand why they add en plus - 2016 mywebsite . I expect they display just the page title i added in main page detail, and not add  the text which is at the footer, under the icons.
mjau-mjau wrote:You can disable EXIF on a per-page basis. Furthermore, X3 will only display EXIF info for images that contain EXIF. But no, you cannot select a specific image which contains EXIF info, and tell X3 to NOT display EXIF for only that image, but all the others ...
ok, i understand. Thank you  for your answer

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Apr 2017, 01:14

Kat wrote:I upgrated from X3_21 and  in main pages detail>body classes>no-footer  tag is still available in the last release X3_22, but i should not be using it ? I just want hide the icons and footer for the home page. Now i removed the tag "no-footer" so it's display ok on the other pages. Maybe i should try some custom css display:none
Perhaps I didn't quite understand the issue ... Nothing wrong with using the "no-footer" class, and yes it should only apply for the page where you add it. You added this classes to the page settings inside the page?
mjau-mjau wrote:Well this is the description and it's ok. I am talking about the title of the page, the first line in blue. It can be any pages, as you see on the image i sended you.  I don't understand why they add en plus - 2016 mywebsite . I expect they display just the page title i added in main page detail, and not add  the text which is at the footer, under the icons.
Yep, well Google operates how it sees fit in it's attempt to display useful information for the user who is making the search. It's not X3 that is instructing Google to append "2016 mywebsite" into the seearch display title. I can tell you this though:
  • Google's listing of your website is clearly outdated. On your website you have 2017, while Google displays "2016" ... It will change when Google re-indexes your website. This also seems to indicate that you CHANGED your title not long ago, and I don't know what you had there before.
  • Why so short title? It should be clear that Google will add whatever text it feels is appropriate to extend titles it feels are not sufficient. This is clearly what is happening, and should not come as a surprise.

Kat
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Apr 2017, 06:39

mjau-mjau wrote: Perhaps I didn't quite understand the issue ... Nothing wrong with using the "no-footer" class, and yes it should only apply for the page where you add it. You added this classes to the page settings inside the page?^
Yes, i added this tag only in my index page > paramètres> details> bodyclasses >no-footer, but then, on the other pages, footer is almost hidden, as you can see on pics i sended you. It's like the "min-height" in "nav-class" doesn't adjusting well. So tried another workaround and create a custom css .no-footer2 .footer; display:none, and now it's work ok. It's strange  why the native "no-footer" doesn't work properly.
mjau-mjau wrote:
  • Google's listing of your website is clearly outdated. On your website you have 2017, while Google displays "2016" ... It will change when Google re-indexes your website. This also seems to indicate that you CHANGED your title not long ago, and I don't know what you had there before.
  • Why so short title? It should be clear that Google will add whatever text it feels is appropriate to extend titles it feels are not sufficient. This is clearly what is happening, and should not come as a surprise.
Yes, i updated to 2017 lately. I am aware that Google grab whatever text they find appropriate, so i will change the title description, as you suggest, with more words, hopefully they will stop indexing the footer.

Thanks Karl always for your prompt help !