Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: DELETE not Deleting - Cannot Replace Photos

23 Jul 2016, 00:28

Roggsf wrote:I realize no other Flamepix user experiences this issue. It must be specific to my domain setup - (ie, rogerlgraham.flamepix.com)
This issue is unknown to ALL X3 users, not only flamepix users. Unfortunately, Im out of ideas ... I already posted a screenshot where it worked entirely fine from here ... I am currently in Thailand, half way around the globe from New York, where the physical server is located, from digital ocean. It's a straight-forward, industry-standard setup, which in no way by code/quality will be able to create upload errors. This issue is something specific to your side, but I don't know what.
Roggsf wrote:Any ideas / whats next??
1) Request a refund [OK]
2) If you are eager to try more, I would suggest this: Point your domain, and we can try this instead of the flamepix subdomain. When we setup your domain, we can try without Cloudflare and without SSL (https) ... I wouldn't eliminate the chance that one of those two are related, especially SSL.
Roggsf wrote:As mentioned I have used 2 different pc (Desktop & Laptop) and 2 different browsers to no avail. Ive never had an issue with my ISP - I stream music & movies and I have uploaded and download many thousands of photos and also FTP on very large files with no issues.
Yep, but first of all, FTP and streaming protocols are created for specific transfers ... They can continue on corrupted transfer packages without any notice. Furthermore, they are not encrypted. Finally, it is pretty clear that something on your side is randomly interfering with the HTTPS transfer protocol, something related to security, something intercepting the transfer ... Since all upload fails seem to be random, it is clear that the transfer/internet, at least of the http/https protocol, is corrupted. This is nothing we can fix on our side.

Roggsf
Topic Author

23 Jul 2016, 02:47

Hi,
Well, I also am out of ideas..... you would know far more about this stuff than I. I am interested in resolving this issue. You are likely right about https and rogerlgraham.flamepix.com..... its a good bet at this point. I will try switching domains as you suggest. Unfortunately, I do not know how to go about this. If you can point to some instructions or tell me how to go about it I will do so. I would not want to loose everything at Bhost until we are sure we have these issues resolved. Do I have to drop my Bluehost account to re-target my domain?

Thanks,
roger
PS:
fyi...... Ive logged into my CloudFlare account (rogerlgraham.com) and see SSL & Security settings..... I know little about this stuff. I see ability to change both the SSL level & Security level. Since I using your CloudFlare is there anyway I can get into my rogerlgraham.flamepix domain and tweak these settings (just for me) to test?? Could there be confusion between my personal CloudFlare & Flamepix - with wild cards or such??

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jul 2016, 05:35

Roggsf wrote:Well, I also am out of ideas..... you would know far more about this stuff than I. I am interested in resolving this issue. You are likely right about https and rogerlgraham.flamepix.com..... its a good bet at this point. I will try switching domains as you suggest. Unfortunately, I do not know how to go about this. If you can point to some instructions or tell me how to go about it I will do so. I would not want to loose everything at Bhost until we are sure we have these issues resolved. Do I have to drop my Bluehost account to re-target my domain?
You can keep your bluehost while testing. Somewhere in your bluehost panel, you have access to both DNS and NAMESERVER settings ... If you are already using cloudflare for your domain, likely your nameserver settings are already pointing to Cloudflare's DNS servers. Basically, in your Cloudflare control panel, you would simply change an IP address, so that it resolves to our server ...

If you want, you could also upload a version of X3 on your bluehost, in a test folder (for example /test/), and see if it helps.
Roggsf wrote:PS:
fyi...... Ive logged into my CloudFlare account (rogerlgraham.com) and see SSL & Security settings..... I know little about this stuff. I see ability to change both the SSL level & Security level. Since I using your CloudFlare is there anyway I can get into my rogerlgraham.flamepix domain and tweak these settings (just for me) to test?? Could there be confusion between my personal CloudFlare & Flamepix - with wild cards or such??
No. rogerlgraham.flamepix.com has absolutely nothing to do with neither your own domain or your cloudflare account. There is no confusion between the two. Your main domain rogerlgraham.com is still owned by you and routed through your cloudflare account, but has nothing to do with rogerlgraham.flamepix. It's really unlikely you will be able to "tweak" anything in cloudflare to make things work ... They don't block/corrupt things in general (imagine the amount of complaints they would get with millions of clients). Also, there are no "levels" of SSL ... Its simply on or off (the "strict" settings is related to the certificate), and that is the only thing I might suspect could be related, so I would make sure to try your domain without SSL.