Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gand
Topic Author

Authorize X3

15 Mar 2018, 04:40

Hi
After starting using Cloudfare I get some errors.
If I press the Authorize Button I get an error. See attachment.

Furthermore, if I press X3 Updates, I get an error as well:
Failed to load X3 Updates.
I don't know if this has anything to do with Cloudfare, but it has been working fine before.

I can also see I'm using https now.

Any ideas?
Attachments
X3.jpg
X3.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 2887 times

gand
Topic Author

Re: Authorize X3

15 Mar 2018, 05:08

Hi

I did some further investigations and it seems the problem occurs when I'm using VPN. Maybe it has nothing to do with Cloudfare?

Can I not be using VPN with X3?

Rgds
Gert

gand
Topic Author

15 Mar 2018, 05:15

Hi

When I turn off the Firewall in Cloudfare, it seems to work.

I'm new to Cloudfare, so I don't know it it should work this way. Maybe someone here can spread some light?

Rgds
Gert

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Mar 2018, 07:57

We use Cloudflare ourselves, for all websites, and Cloudflare is also used at auth.photo.gallery. There is NO REASON that using Cloudflare/Firewall on YOUR websites, should in any way block access to the authorize URL on OUR website (auth.photo.gallery).

If you have login and link for me, I can check. I am guessing it will work/display fine from here (and other locations) when not using a VPN.
gand wrote:I did some further investigations and it seems the problem occurs when I'm using VPN. Maybe it has nothing to do with Cloudfare?
Yes, to me this looks like something related to VPN, although I can't say exactly what. When using a VPN, you are also masking your IP/user-agent behind a VPN, which is often used by hackers and scammers ... This could cause Cloudflare firewall (on OUR server) to flag your connection as a "threat". I believe this is the most likely explanation.
gand wrote:When I turn off the Firewall in Cloudfare, it seems to work.
Cloudflare settings on YOUR server should have absolutely nothing to do with this. From the X3 panel, your browser will connect via Javascript to the X3 authorize URL on OUR server.
gand wrote:I can also see I'm using https now.
Not related. This just means you are using Flexible SSL via Cloudflare.
gand wrote:If I press the Authorize Button I get an error. See attachment.
For your info: This is not an "authorize button" that authorizes your website. It just CHECKS if your website is authorized, which it already is (if you purchased a license). Therefore, you don't really need to worry about this connection error. The panel auth will just show if your domain is authorized to use X3 or not. For your X3 frontend website, if it cannot connect to the X3 auth, license will be considered valid.

Not saying that you should not try to resolve this, but I'm saying it's not critical, and your X3 website will still be licensed.
gand wrote:Furthermore, if I press X3 Updates, I get an error as well:
Failed to load X3 Updates.
Would be related to the same issue.

gand
Topic Author

15 Mar 2018, 23:51

Hi Karl

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I'll take contact to Cloudfare.

Rgds
Gert

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2018, 01:49

gand wrote:Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I'll take contact to Cloudfare.
Ok. Keep in mind, this is not related to Cloudflare, but your VPN.