X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

Lightroom Description to Imagevue

04 Nov 2017, 20:34

Hi,

I exported multiple images with Caption or Description from Lightroom but it doesnt show up in my X3 description. Any idea why?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Lightroom Description to Imagevue

05 Nov 2017, 23:04

I can only determine that if you have a link to one of the images for me, so I can check if the data is stored in the image, and if so where.

I would have to ask the obvious also:
  • Sure the EXIF was included when you exported the images from lightroom?
  • You did not run the images through some JPG optimizer application before upload?
  • You have titles and descriptions enabled in the page's gallery layout somehow?
Also to be clear: The X3 panel will not show captions/descriptions from the image IPTC, although the X3 website itself should. This will change in X3.24.0, where also the panel will show IPTC meta data stored within the image.

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Nov 2017, 04:56

mjau-mjau wrote:I can only determine that if you have a link to one of the images for me, so I can check if the data is stored in the image, and if so where.

I would have to ask the obvious also:
  • Sure the EXIF was included when you exported the images from lightroom?
  • You did not run the images through some JPG optimizer application before upload?
  • You have titles and descriptions enabled in the page's gallery layout somehow?
Also to be clear: The X3 panel will not show captions/descriptions from the image IPTC, although the X3 website itself should. This will change in X3.24.0, where also the panel will show IPTC meta data stored within the image.
  • Sure the EXIF was included when you exported the images from lightroom? - Yes, I can see the description in the finder.
  • You did not run the images through some JPG optimizer application before upload? - No, after LR i uploaded it to x3
  • You have titles and descriptions enabled in the page's gallery layout somehow? - Yes, hover showing description.
I'll share link later. my hosting expired :(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Nov 2017, 05:33

winph wrote:You have titles and descriptions enabled in the page's gallery layout somehow? - Yes, hover showing description.
That means descriptions are showing? Where are they not showing where you expect them to show? In the popup? Directly in the gallery layout? Anyway, I guess you better sort out your hosting first!

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Nov 2017, 07:34

mjau-mjau wrote:
winph wrote:You have titles and descriptions enabled in the page's gallery layout somehow? - Yes, hover showing description.
That means descriptions are showing? Where are they not showing where you expect them to show? In the popup? Directly in the gallery layout? Anyway, I guess you better sort out your hosting first!
Sorry i meant was i set description to show when hover, but description not showing.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Nov 2017, 10:30

Ok, I will need a link to diagnose this issue further ...