Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

LeiRuM
Experienced
Topic Author

Contactform

20 Oct 2017, 20:50

How can I modify the contact form as in this web ??? http://larryanda.com.au/contact/

When I modify my form it stops sending emails

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Contactform

20 Oct 2017, 22:49

I tested the form from here, and it seems to work fine. How are you diagnosing it as not sending?

LeiRuM
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Oct 2017, 07:31

That's a sample page.
My page is http://www.Perspectivestudio.es/contact

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Oct 2017, 07:58

I can say the following for sure: You are using a custom TABLE html in your form, and although there is nothing wrong with that, your HTML is not 100% correct/valid. You have some missing opening or closing html tags, and therefore the form elements are getting wrapped OUTSIDE the <form> tag. Missing/incorrect tags are usually "forgiven" by the browser, because it will try to "guess" where to close your tags. However, that could mean it will wrap the form prematurely also.

I can only say exactly where you have a missing or incorrect html tag(s) if you provide me login to your panel, or if you paste all your html here.

On a side-note, you would be better off using responsive columns html instead of a table, but that is another topic.

LeiRuM
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Oct 2017, 13:17

Code
<style type="text/css">
    table {
       border:0px solid black;
       border-collapse:separate; 
       border-spacing:20px;
       } 
    th, td {
       border:0px solid black;
       } 
</style>
<form data-abide class=contactform>
<center>
<table> 
<tbody> 
<tr> 
<td><div><input required type=text name="Nombre" placeholder="Nombre"></div>
</td> 
          <td><div><input required type="email" name="Email" placeholder="Email"></div>
</td> 
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td><div><input required type=text name="Telefono" placeholder="Telefono"></div>
</td> 
<td><div><input required type="text" name="Instagram" placeholder="Instagram"></div>
</td>
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td><div><input required type=text name="Fecha del Evento" placeholder="Fecha del Evento"></div>
</td> 
<td><div><input required type="text" name="Provincia/Ciudad" placeholder="Provincia/Ciudad"></div>
</td>
</tr> 
        <tr> 
<td colspan="2"><div><textarea required rows=6 name="message" placeholder="Cuéntanos algúnos detalles más acerca de tu boda, como te la imaginas, donde realizaras los preparativos, la ceremonia, el banquete..."></textarea>
  </div>
</td> 
</tr> 
        <tr> 
<td colspan="2"> <button type=submit>Send</button>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody> 
</table>
</center>
</form>

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Oct 2017, 02:07

When I paste that code in a test page here, the result is different from your website:
As you can see, all the form elements (inside the table rows) get correctly wrapped INSIDE the <form> tag. There is something different in the code you have added and saved in your website, and I need to see it. There must be an orphan html tag somewhere, which is corrupting the html.

LeiRuM
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Oct 2017, 09:29

data sent!!

Thanks!!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Oct 2017, 10:16

Fixed!

It was not your fault, but it failed because your email input had name="Email" instead of name="email". The email field is a bit special, because it is used by X3 to validate sender of the form. I changed it from:
Code
<input required type="email" name="Email" placeholder="Email">
To:
Code
<input required type="email" name="email" placeholder="Email">
In next release X3.24.0, you can use either name="email" or name="Email", or omit the email altogether (if you don't need the users email for any reason).

LeiRuM
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Oct 2017, 12:14

Wow a simple capital letter !!! Thanks for your help Karl !!!!!