Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

djxfader
Topic Author

Problems Gallery

21 Nov 2017, 01:39

Hi everyone
Last weekend I’ve made a gallery for a friend. You can find this on www.thunderchoppers.com/gallery.  I have a few questions about this gallery:
1.How can I change the size of the font of the menu?

2.Can I place a black banner behind the menu?

3.The background/image on the homepage, is it possible to change this automatically with the screen resolution of the visitor?

4.The contact form doesn’t work, do I have the change other fields? The website is hosted by one.com

5.Is it possible to place a slideshow under the title thunder choppers on the homepage?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Problems Gallery

21 Nov 2017, 05:35

Hi, first thing (related) I am wondering: Why are you using old X3.21.4 when X3.23.0 was released 4 months ago, and just 1 week ago X3.24.0 beta was released?
djxfader wrote:1.How can I change the size of the font of the menu?
  1. By custom CSS [advanced]. This requires that you understand CSS, and can use browser inspector to find the elements in page you want to change, and then add custom CSS styles for them under settings > custom > custom CSS.
  2. You can also set relative SIZE from settings > style > font, for example "topbar:large". See old documentation here, which still applies. Although it works, this option is a bit dysfunctional, and we will provide better options in the future.
djxfader wrote:2.Can I place a black banner behind the menu?
Go to the INDEX page settings > gallery, and make sure to select "white on * black" menu style. There was a bug in earlier X3 versions (including your X3.21), where this setting would get disabled by itself.
djxfader wrote:3.The background/image on the homepage, is it possible to change this automatically with the screen resolution of the visitor?
You mean change the actual image depending on screen size and orientation? That would be possible via advanced media query selectors in custom CSS, but is not possible via the X3 intro plugin.
https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013/0 ... nd-images/
https://www.webpagefx.com/blog/web-desi ... und-image/
djxfader wrote:4.The contact form doesn’t work, do I have the change other fields? The website is hosted by one.com
I can see that it returns a green CHECK, which means it does SEND. But there are two reasons you might not be receiving emails:
  • I see you have enabled VARNISH cache on your website, which is caching the script that handles emails: http://www.thunderchoppers.com/gallery/ ... mailer.php. It will not work if your website is caching the output of this request, instead of processing it. If you were using X3.23 or newer, you probably wouldn't have this problem since X3 will prevent this file from caching on varnish.
  • Regardless of the above, which could be a reason it is not sending emails, you may need to use SMTP to send emails. When NOT using SMTP, your server MAY or MAY NOT send the email, but it will often qualify as SPAM from recipient email services since it's sent from a server emailer instead of an SMTP host.
The issue would be related to either one or BOTH the above.
djxfader wrote:5.Is it possible to place a slideshow under the title thunder choppers on the homepage?
I don't quite understand the question. On the homepage, I see an IMAGE with "thunder choppers". You can't just insert a "slideshow" into that area, and even if you could, how would X3 know where the "title" is placed in the image? Sorry no, this is not really a logical request unless I misunderstood the question.

djxfader
Topic Author

23 Nov 2017, 04:13

Hi Karl
Thank you for this information. In the meantime, I updated the system to x3.23.0.  But there still a few problems.
1. On the homepage under the menu, there is a slideshow with 3 pictures.  On a computer there's no problem, but if you visit the gallery with a smartphone, you don't see the complete image. It is possible to automatically adjust the image to the screen size of the visitor?
2. I follow your instructions with CSS but I can not change the size of the letters in the menu...
3. How can I add text in the footer? Now you see :copyright: 2017 thunderchoppers.com/gallery but I would like to add my name eg. :copyright: 2017 Yves for thunderchoppers.com/gallery
Grtz
Yves

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Nov 2017, 05:15

djxfader wrote:1. On the homepage under the menu, there is a slideshow with 3 pictures.  On a computer there's no problem, but if you visit the gallery with a smartphone, you don't see the complete image. It is possible to automatically adjust the image to the screen size of the visitor?
Yes, but you must understand the logic that either you will have images that are slightly cropped (like now) as they scale to COVER the slideshow area, OR you will have margins on either left/right or top/bottom when using the CONTAIN setting.

Go to index page settings > gallery, and under slideshow settings, select fit: contain. You will see what I mean ... Remember, there are ALL kinds of screen aspects, so this should be planned properly by you. This is why it's called "slideshow intro" and is meant as a "teaser" preferably with subtle images that don't mind getting cropped. If it's important for you to show the ENTIRE image, also on mobile devices, then you need to use the slideshow CONTAIN fit setting, or not use the slideshow intro at all.
djxfader wrote:2. I follow your instructions with CSS but I can not change the size of the letters in the menu...
It would help if you could post what you have in your settings > font > source. Else, it's hard for me to help.
djxfader wrote:3. How can I add text in the footer? Now you see :copyright: 2017 thunderchoppers.com/gallery but I would like to add my name eg. :copyright: 2017 Yves for thunderchoppers.com/gallery
Go to Settings > Footer. Instead of using the dynamic {copy} variable, which creates the default link, why not just add your own simple custom html? That is after all what the footer section is for. For example:
Code
<p>&copy; 2017 Yves <a href="/gallery/">thunderchoppers.com/gallery</a></p>

djxfader
Topic Author

23 Nov 2017, 05:38

The problems with the footer and slideshow are solved. Thank you.
For the menu I see this information by Font/Source:
Lato:300,300italic|Oldenburg|topbar:Oldenburg|sidebar:Oldenburg|subheader:small

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Nov 2017, 06:35

Try this:
Code
Lato:300,300italic|Oldenburg|topbar:Oldenburg,xxlarge|sidebar:Oldenburg|subheader:small
Or change xxlarge to any of these: xxlarge, xlarge, large, small, xsmall, xxsmall

djxfader
Topic Author

23 Nov 2017, 07:01

Ok it works! Thank you very much!