Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

TwoKooL
Topic Author

Lost title and description of all my images

30 Apr 2017, 13:05

I re-arranged my menu by creating new folders in a better way, then moved pictures into the new folders but lost all the images title and description.

I notice that the descriptions are still in the old folder file page.json

I know my way around and couldbe able to fix this manually but will waste a couple of hours of my time or so.. any workaround?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Lost title and description of all my images

01 May 2017, 00:18

When you copy "files" from one folder to another, it strictly copies the files and not page data (which includes image titles). Instead, you should MOVE the entire folder, so the page data (and titles) remain in tact. I guess that may not work well with your "creating folders in a better way though"?

Sorry, this is not currently a strong feature of X3, since the panel is basically a file manager and is incapable of moving "data" around with the images. The best way is to store title/descriptions inside the image as EXIF meta data, so it is always glued to the image ... We will perhaps look into this for a future release.

If you cannot use the first solution, you could login by FTP: 1. Open the page.json file where captions are stored, 2. Copy the segment of the JSON file that represents captions, 3. Paste it into the page.json file of the new page. Not optimal, but perhaps a solution.

TwoKooL
Topic Author

Re: Lost title and description of all my images

01 May 2017, 01:06

Thank you for the reply.

Cheers.

Yan