Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

masquefotos
Experienced
Topic Author

Button cloudflare

25 Oct 2016, 04:26

Hello, after the last update I have noticed that it has disappeared cloudflare button. Do you no longer need or is it a mistake?

Another question more. Where I can set the language of the page so that Google Chrome does not translate?
Thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Button cloudflare

25 Oct 2016, 05:52

masquefotos wrote:Hello, after the last update I have noticed that it has disappeared cloudflare button. Do you no longer need or is it a mistake?
Cloudflare updated their API with some security protocols. There will be an update release tomorrow with a fix for this.
masquefotos wrote:Another question more. Where I can set the language of the page so that Google Chrome does not translate?
How do you know that Google chrome will not offer translation even if you set a language meta tag? If someone browsing a Spanish website from USA, I don't see any reason why it should not translate even if you have set a language meta tag.

Here is a post about setting a meta tag, which is not really conclusive:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4417 ... t-language
PS! Don't set <html> tag!

A quick search showed me that you can entirely disable chrome from trying to translate:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1223 ... -in-chrome
Code
<meta name="google" value="notranslate">
Add custom headers in settings -> custom -> custom head.

masquefotos
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Oct 2016, 06:54

Thanks for your prompt response.

Not if I'm wrong because I do not understand programming websites, I think the problem is that google detects that the page is in English and I translated it again in Spanish so that no one understands. Can be?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Oct 2016, 08:15

masquefotos wrote:Not if I'm wrong because I do not understand programming websites, I think the problem is that google detects that the page is in English and I translated it again in Spanish so that no one understands. Can be?
I don't know about this. We don't set any language  tags from X3 ... You didn't even tell me if translate was offering to translate from English to Spanish, or from Spanish to English.

I am not sure why you need to disable translate anyway. If you don't want the auto-translate to appear from Chrome for your specific website, just click "Don't show again for this website". If you don't want translate at all, it can be disabled from your Chrome settings. If you don't want translate to appear at all for anyone, you can use the fix I explained in my previous post. Other than that, I assume Google translate will appear in Chrome if it thinks your browser may want to translate the page, perhaps based on 1) Location  2) Browser-language, compared to the language used in the page.