Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

Menu Problem

22 Oct 2016, 19:05

I'm having a problem with some menu settings.  I was looking to make the menu transparent on my pages. In the past, I used the menu-absolute-20 on the details page to get the look I was desire. I found THIS post and was able to fix my home page (which uses the slideshow gallery like the post). However on  my sub-menus (page menus other than home), the only way I am aware of doing this is to put the menu-absolute-20 in the class tags under the page's details tab. The problem is, when I do this the menu changes to the look I want, but my page Title and Description drifts up into the menu area.

Menu without the menu-absolute-20 tag set
nofade.jpg
nofade.jpg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
Menu after menu-absolute-20 tag added
fadeon.jpg
fadeon.jpg (23.38 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
THIS is the page in the examples above (currently not using menu-absolute-20)
I searched through all page settings but could not find any built-in toggles for this feature, so I'm just lost.
Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Menu Problem

23 Oct 2016, 01:43

First of all, the menu-absolute-* class you are referring is outdated. Currently, it is programmatically applied for the plugins that require it. It's main purpose is to apply the menu in an "absolute" position, so that it overlays the content, for example when using the slideshow-intro plugin. When using it, it will create results like in your last screenshot, since it's positioned absolutely.

More importantly, it is unclear to me what you really mean by "I was looking to make the menu transparent on my pages" ... The topbar/menu overlays a solid/monotone background, so making it "semi-transparent" would't really have any effect. I am guessing here that you want to add transparency to the DROPDOWN elements in the menu? These are the only menu-related items which would have any effect of transparency, since they overlay the page content. In this case, that would require custom CSS.