X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

thinkingpixels
Topic Author

Markdown for Link Targets?

12 Jul 2016, 22:58

Hi,

It's me again, sorry. :)
I created a start page in Imagevue X3 which has text on it that includes a link. The Syntax for having links in the text page is
[linktext](linkurl)
which is github flavored markdown, right? The problem I have, is that the link automatically opens in a new tab and I don't want that. I would like the link to open in the same window. How do I write that?
I tried
[linktext](linkurl){:target="_self"}
which I found as the official github flavored markdown, but it did not work. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
André

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Markdown for Link Targets?

13 Jul 2016, 00:37

thinkingpixels wrote:which is github flavored markdown, right?
Currently, no. It's default markdown, including markdown extra.
thinkingpixels wrote:The problem I have, is that the link automatically opens in a new tab and I don't want that.
I am curious: is it an internal link, or a link to another website? Internal links already open in the same window, while external links open in _blank window. Internal links should referenced relatively.
thinkingpixels wrote:I would like the link to open in the same window. How do I write that?
You will simply need to use HTML where markdown does not suffice.
Code
<a href=https://www.photo.gallery target=_self>text</a>

thinkingpixels
Topic Author

13 Jul 2016, 12:54

You will simply need to use HTML where markdown does not suffice.
*facepalm* Geez, I'm an idiot. :D When I clicked the link button in the toolbar and it added the markdown, I assumed that was what I had to use - I didn't even try to use normal html. :D Jepp, that fixed it, thanks!

By the way, since you asked: I'm linking within the same domain but to a higher level and Imagevue still opened it in a new tab. As I mentioned earlier somewhere here, I am using WordPress for my main website and Imagevue only as a gallery for my site, since presentation is very important to me and I have too much content on my site to put it all inside the gallery. :)

I just took my new website, including my shiny new Imagevue X3 gallery, off the staging URL today onto the main URL - it's about 90% finished now, so if you like, feel free to have a look: http://thinkingpixels.com/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jul 2016, 00:48

thinkingpixels wrote:I just took my new website, including my shiny new Imagevue X3 gallery, off the staging URL today onto the main URL - it's about 90% finished now, so if you like, feel free to have a look: http://thinkingpixels.com/
Looks fantastic!

thinkingpixels
Topic Author

14 Jul 2016, 22:00

Thanks, mate! :) That's because of a great gallery system. :)