Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

description in gallery view but not on selected page ...?

03 Jul 2015, 05:31

Dear god, in your great fiddlings is it possible to make Description: xxx appear in the folder gallery view but not on the content page . An example is a vertical-split gallery view where you would see the title and a description to aid in your selection but on the chosen page you would only see the title (and not the description). If it is a photo with text, the text is in the body of the page and you dont want it repeating in the page's own description but you would in gallery view where it would otherwise be blank.
Of course this is not a global need and neither is it something I just thought up to annoy you.
...well maybe just a little :roll:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: description in gallery view but not on selected page ...

05 Jul 2015, 03:15

Yes, this is possible. In your page settings, there are two modules folders and context. The first controls settings for folders (albums) layout, and the second controls settings for the context of the page itself (title, description, content etc). Each of them have a setting items, which dictates what items to display, and in what order.

For example, for a parent page with subfolders, you may have:
Code
folders: items:title,description,preview
For a page, you could exclude the description by explicitly setting:
Code
context: items:title,date
More about these modules:
https://www.photo.gallery/x3docs/pages/settings/

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: description in gallery view but not on selected page ...

05 Jul 2015, 06:52

Works Perfect, just what I wanted. You must have known I was going to ask for it.