Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

treny
Topic Author

Slideshow start button has incorrect pop-up text

10 Jul 2007, 18:30

I have my slideshow settings so the slideshow does not start automatically. However, if I mouse over the start button the pop-up text says "stop slide show" when it should say "start slideshow". I think the text will confuse browsers. Anyway to get it so say "start" when it isn't running and "stop: when it is?

treny
Topic Author

11 Jul 2007, 00:22

HELLO, HELLO MCFLY? Anyone?

Andrew Auletta

Re: Slideshow start button has incorrect pop-up text

14 Jul 2007, 18:39

P'm having the same problem. Upon initial mouseover it shows stop slideshow instead of play slideshow. Any recommendations on a fix?

--Andrew
treny wrote:I have my slideshow settings so the slideshow does not start automatically. However, if I mouse over the start button the pop-up text says "stop slide show" when it should say "start slideshow". I think the text will confuse browsers. Anyway to get it so say "start" when it isn't running and "stop: when it is?

Andrew Auletta

15 Jul 2007, 12:14

As a workaround to the issue, I've changed the button popup descriptions in slideslowlanguage.ini for the play and stop buttons from a simple play and off popup label to click to toggle slide show off and on label. That way, no matter which button graphic shows, the user will have enough information to make it work.

I have to say, I'm greatly disappointed at how many questions within the various topics have gone unanswered by the www.photo.gallery support staff. It makes me wonder whether, or not, www.photo.gallery is a one-person operation.

I am strongly considering moving the gallery model to a gallery/purchase model using my domain name and the ipf3.com product.

One of the things that might keep me from moving to this gallery/sales model is whether the imagevuex program will be coming up with a purchase scheme and what other changes are planned for the program in the NEAR future. Why not share this with us in order to give us some insight.
treny wrote:I have my slideshow settings so the slideshow does not start automatically. However, if I mouse over the start button the pop-up text says "stop slide show" when it should say "start slideshow". I think the text will confuse browsers. Anyway to get it so say "start" when it isn't running and "stop: when it is?

Andrew Auletta

15 Jul 2007, 13:42

Sorry about the transposition when I reference ifp3.com in my previous reply to this thread.
Andrew Auletta wrote:As a workaround to the issue, I've changed the button popup descriptions in slideslowlanguage.ini for the play and stop buttons from a simple play and off popup label to click to toggle slide show off and on label. That way, no matter which button graphic shows, the user will have enough information to make it work.

I have to say, I'm greatly disappointed at how many questions within the various topics have gone unanswered by the www.photo.gallery support staff. It makes me wonder whether, or not, www.photo.gallery is a one-person operation.

I am strongly considering moving the gallery model to a gallery/purchase model using my domain name and the ifp3.com product.

One of the things that might keep me from moving to this gallery/sales model is whether the imagevuex program will be coming up with a purchase scheme and what other changes are planned for the program in the NEAR future. Why not share this with us in order to give us some insight.

treny
Topic Author

16 Jul 2007, 05:01

Hey thanks for that fix. My beef isn't that it's a one man operation (I assume it is) it's that the documentation isn't complete or well organized. But I like the program so I hope it will improve in those areas and maybe address some new features. :P

Andrew Auletta

16 Jul 2007, 17:37

I'm glad the work-around helped you. It is a good program. I do grow concerned, however, when I see many questions asked in the help forums that go without a reply. It's those very replies that will not only help answer the questions for those who are asking, but also for later generations of customers who experience the same problems.

Answers to these questions are also helpful when it comes time to revise user doucumentation.

--Andrew
treny wrote:Hey thanks for that fix. My beef isn't that it's a one man operation (I assume it is) it's that the documentation isn't complete or well organized. But I like the program so I hope it will improve in those areas and maybe address some new features. :P

treny
Topic Author

21 Jul 2007, 05:28

Oh, I agree with you. The support is anemic and the documentation is appalling. But I like the program. :D