Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andrewn
Experienced
Topic Author

multiple slideshow page components

13 Jan 2008, 16:04

Hi - I got the process working for adding multiple galleries into my website. Thanks Karl!!!!

I can also add multiple slideshows to the website. However, I can't seem to have more than one slideshow as individual page components on one webpage. Even if you enter script for more than one slideshow with idividual soVAR settings (esp. path to images, etc) only one show will display. Is there a way to do this as I would like to show small slideshows of individual artist's work on a list with their contact names etc...instead of using a static thumbnail with a popup link to a slideshow?

Many thanks,

Andrew

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Jan 2008, 22:23

Yes, it possible as you can see for yourself on our slideshow pagecomponent page: https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/spc/

I am not 100% sure why it was not working in your page, but there are a few "stumbleblocks". Most important, for every instance of slideshow, make sure you use a unique ID for the <div> tag. Ex.:
Code
<div id="slideshow_1">
Slideshow 1 here
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var so = new SWFObject("slideshow.swf", "ss_1", "400", "225", "7", "#FFFFFF");
so.write("slideshow_1");
</script>
Code
<div id="slideshow_2">
Slideshow 2 here
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var so = new SWFObject("slideshow.swf", "ss_2", "400", "225", "7", "#FFFFFF");
so.write("slideshow_2");
</script>
Notice how I specify a unique ID in the <div> tag, and how that ID is reflected in the "so.write()" function.