Search…

Wizz
Topic Author

www.Kuksi.com ~ Integration of gallery

26 Jul 2010, 07:00

Greetings from Denmark. :D

I found an integration of ImageVue X2 (I think), made by a "ALEPH1" over on ***

Here's a direct link to the gallery:

What I like about it is primarily that it is so clean. There are no distractions.
It's a simple 3x3 gallery overview, with a mouse-over effect.
Also, when you click on the image you are immediately taken to a fullscreen version of the image... As far as I can understand (from other posts on this forum), this isn't possible with just a simple link to a flash gallery... A Flash animation cannot start in fullscreen?

So I'm guessing that *** has made some sort of integration of a Flash animation, that loads the ImageVue gallery? So it's not HTML->Flash but Flash->Flash?

The question is this: How do I go about creating something similar to what can be found at *** ?
Is it done in "regular" Flash or is it a "hack"/adaptation of ImageVue? (i.e. something that can be done by applying the correct modifications)

Thanks in advance!
/Wizz

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jul 2010, 11:32

For Imagevue, it has been asked if we can go directly into fullscreen mode when entering the gallery. The answer is NO, that is not possible because it requires a "user-click" to enter fullscreen. The same goes for the gallery you mention - You need to click a thumbnail before it goes into fullscreen mode ... We could make a similar option in Imagevue ... Perhaps not a bad idea?

Nice gallery btw, Im adding it to my records ... It is not Imagevue.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: www.Kuksi.com ~ Integration of gallery

26 Jul 2010, 11:38

Wizz wrote:The question is this: How do I go about creating something similar to what can be found at *** ?
Is it done in "regular" Flash or is it a "hack"/adaptation of ImageVue? (i.e. something that can be done by applying the correct modifications)
Well, this is a combo of html and flash that ads a scrollbar on my 13" macbook screen at least. Except for the fact that it is a relatively simply gallery without a menu and all the bells and whistles, the main difference is that it simply goes into fullscreen mode when clicking a thumbnail. I am not certain that ALL visitors are happy to have their browser "hi-jacked" like that without them knowing, but it does like nice in fullscreen mode obviously. As mentioned, we could perhaps add an optional trigger for entering fullscreen mode when clicking a thumbnail in Imagevue also ...

For the simple 3x3 thumbnails layout, you could simply do that by setting your thumbnail sizes in the admin, and setting the margins and maxsize for thumbnails area ...

Wizz
Topic Author

26 Jul 2010, 11:39

mjau-mjau wrote:Nice gallery btw, Im adding it to my records ... It is not Imagevue.
Not even when in fullscreen? It sure looks alot like it.

Hmm, so I would be better off with a HTML page with a simple 3x3 grid of images, that are also links to the respective galleries? (and then have 9 different galleries).

Btw, thanks for your quick reply. :D
/Wizz

Wizz
Topic Author

26 Jul 2010, 11:46

mjau-mjau wrote:For the simple 3x3 thumbnails layout, you could simply do that by setting your thumbnail sizes in the admin, and setting the margins and maxsize for thumbnails area ...
That sounds like a good idea.. I'll try and work with that, thanks!
/Wizz

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Nov 2010, 04:20

We have now added an option to go fullscreen on visitors first click anywhere in the gallery. This feature will be available in the new version pending for release.

To enable this feature, you will have to go to admin -> settings -> controls.fullscreen_click - Enable it!