Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

azgeocacher
Topic Author

Won't remember clients email in sendmail or contactform

18 Nov 2009, 00:34

I saw this listed as a feature in X2 and saw it working in some demo galleries....

Question: Is there a setting I am missing for this feature?

Doesn't seem to be working Using ver 2.1.6_20091109

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Nov 2009, 00:50

I believe this feature may have been part of Imagevue V1, but has never been included in Imagevue X2. Its certainly not something the visitor should come to expect from other sites.

We could perhaps integrate it if it is sorely missed ...

azgeocacher
Topic Author

18 Nov 2009, 01:56

Your product out shines others in many other ways; I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a setting I was missing...
I saw that feature listed when I was looking to find an easy way for a client to request more info about different items as they browse through the gallery. Ideally it would be a contactform/requestform that they would enter their email address in once so its as simple as reclicking the contact/request info button for each item of special interest.
this would elimate errors and frustration of having to reenter it each time.
If it is unlikely this feature is coming back,
I just need a direction...php sesions, js, flash?!
My next path looks like trying to figure out how to pass the purchase/shopping cart link to a local webside script that would:
1. get their contact: email (once)
2. store the further requested items of special interest
3. send me the email for me to follow up with them when they leave the gallery
4. thank you for all your hard work!

Thanks!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Nov 2009, 02:13

I can integrate the flash-cookie for remembering entered email in next release.

The other features you mention is not something currently integrated into imagevue. 1. Get their contact - You could only get that if they choose to contact you of course. Getting it only once? If they contact you twice, you dont wanna STOP their initial email. 2. Store further requested item - You mean shopping CART? 3. Sounds like the same as number 1 to me ... You cant get their email without them specifically sending it of course, and you certainly cant have any script that sends your their email when closing the gallery.

azgeocacher
Topic Author

18 Nov 2009, 02:55

If you could re-integrate it that would be lovely indeed.

Question:
I am assuming, but does the autofill flash-cookie work on both the contactform and the sendlink form? Now I can't find the older demo to check if it worked on both...

Thanks again for a great product with great support!

regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Nov 2009, 02:56

Yes, it would be natural to integrate the "cookie" for both contactform and sendlink form ...

I spoke to my partner, and I think we found out it should not be a cookie, but a session-wide variable. It will remember the email as long as the gallery is open. Once it is closed, and opened again, it needs to be filled in once to be stored for the session.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Nov 2009, 23:51

Actually just flash variable which is kept in flash while you looking at gallery, so if you want to send few images from gallery you aren't required to fill those fields again.

Something like _root.sendEmail etc..
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2009, 22:20

pain wrote:Something like _root.sendEmail etc..
Thanks for the technical advice. I been bashing my head on the wall for weeks lately trying to figure out how to do it ... :roll:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Won't remember clients email in sendmail or contactform

18 Nov 2010, 09:43

This feature is now integrated into Imagevue X2, and will be available in a new version pending for release shortly.

Basically, both the CONTACT form and the SEND IMAGE form remembers the NAME and E-MAIL once it has been input once. The visitor will not have to input it again within the same session, as it is stored and auto-filled when the form opens.

azgeocacher
Topic Author

Re: Won't remember clients email in sendmail or contactform

19 Nov 2010, 09:20

mjau-mjau wrote:This feature is now integrated into Imagevue X2, and will be available in a new version pending for release shortly.
I have to say that the support for your product is top notch. With the amount of requests for features and workload inherent with any product that is used by each customer in their own unique way I just have to say -keep up the good work on an already awesome product