Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

qxygenex
Experienced
Topic Author

Scroll Bar Needs Modification !!!

01 Jul 2009, 20:18

Is it possible to add some pixel up-down arrows on to scroller.?

people doesnt think that is a scroller. :)
Last edited by qxygenex on 02 Jul 2009, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Jul 2009, 04:18

Good point, I agree
firedev.com

mwr
Experienced

12 Sep 2009, 09:28

I also agree :-) I'm brand new here and just put my "test" textpage with links to image folders out to a few friends. One replied that he almost missed the links because he didn't know anything was below what he could see.
pain wrote:Good point, I agree

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Sep 2009, 03:52

I will look into this, just keep in mind that you can change the color of the scrollbar in the theme settings. Some people might miss the scrollbar simply because the color is the same as the textpage background by default, and sometimes the scrollbar color is too similar to the background color so it doesnt stand out ...

Edit:
I have added some basic arrow indicators the textpage scrollbar so it should easier stand out. By default, colors for the arrows are set to inherit 'foreground_color', but this can be changed under THEME settings for textpage.

mwr
Experienced

16 Sep 2009, 17:00

Very good! I assume you mean that we'll get that change with the next release.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Sep 2009, 05:30

mwr wrote:Very good! I assume you mean that we'll get that change with the next release.
yes. coming very soon.

mwr
Experienced

30 Sep 2009, 08:04

I set the arrow color to the background color and the scrollbar arrows look great. Thanks!

qxygenex
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Oct 2009, 02:15

just amazing.. thank you

jckpalmer

15 Jan 2010, 14:15

mjau-mjau wrote:I will look into this, just keep in mind that you can change the color of the scrollbar in the theme settings. Some people might miss the scrollbar simply because the color is the same as the textpage background by default, and sometimes the scrollbar color is too similar to the background color so it doesnt stand out ...

Edit:
I have added some basic arrow indicators the textpage scrollbar so it should easier stand out. By default, colors for the arrows are set to inherit 'foreground_color', but this can be changed under THEME settings for textpage.

I found to make the scroller's stand out a little simply reverse the colours. Back / fore ground. Gives it high contrast and makes it much more visible.

jckpalmer

15 Jan 2010, 14:18

What would be nice would be a way to move the scroll bar right slightly so it wasn't hugging the content so closely. Can you guys point out to me the .css class / id I should edit.

Thanks, John

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jan 2010, 02:33

jckpalmer wrote:What would be nice would be a way to move the scroll bar right slightly so it wasn't hugging the content so closely. Can you guys point out to me the .css class / id I should edit.

Thanks, John
I have to tell you, you cant edit this stuff with CSS. In Flash, CSS can ONLY edit text styles in textfields. In html pages, it controls everything in layout. The scrollbar in imagevue is created in actionscript and cant be controlled by CSS ...

You can set the color yourself from the theme, and it varies in the themes how visible it is (depending on the theme setup and color contrasts). I dont want to set it to opposite by default, because it stands out too strongly in some cases

jckpalmer

17 Jan 2010, 12:13

mjau-mjau wrote:
jckpalmer wrote:What would be nice would be a way to move the scroll bar right slightly so it wasn't hugging the content so closely. Can you guys point out to me the .css class / id I should edit.

Thanks, John
I have to tell you, you cant edit this stuff with CSS. In Flash, CSS can ONLY edit text styles in textfields. In html pages, it controls everything in layout. The scrollbar in imagevue is created in actionscript and cant be controlled by CSS ...

You can set the color yourself from the theme, and it varies in the themes how visible it is (depending on the theme setup and color contrasts). I dont want to set it to opposite by default, because it stands out too strongly in some cases
Understood, I've used Flash a few times, and of course didn't realise that layout couldn't be dictated in the CSS shame really, That would be an awesome way to control it. Like for HTML.

Would a layout section in the Admin for X3 be a good idea? I'm sure you could create this as you are designing X3, would be useful for your own purposes as well as a brilliant feature for X3!?

This is why I said in a previous post that X3 should be modular in design lol. Adding things like this make life so much easier for the newbies. I mean the closer you get to a WYSIWYG editor the better for sales. Even mediatemple.com have started to add GUI switches to control elements within there Admin Panel and that's for web hosting...! Graphical Switches! Seriously...long gone are the days of line commands!

Thanks for reply to silly Q Karl.

tschortsch
Experienced

Re: Scroll Bar Needs Modification !!!

02 Feb 2011, 17:18

Hey!

Is it possible to change the opacity (mouse over) of the scrollbar? I know where to change the scrollbar color and arrow color but have no idea about the hover settings...

Thanks in advance!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Feb 2011, 03:37

schurdinand wrote:Is it possible to change the opacity (mouse over) of the scrollbar? I know where to change the scrollbar color and arrow color but have no idea about the hover settings...
Unfortunately, there is no setting for this. We don't want to add options for absolutely everything, and this item should work ok as it is.

tschortsch
Experienced

03 Feb 2011, 04:25

Ok, I understand!

When clicking the scrollbar it is barely visible, that's why I'm asking..