Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert
Topic Author

More configs possible?

22 Oct 2008, 13:49

I want to embed my gallery into my website, like I also did with V1, see: http://www.globetrotternet.nl/ , click on 'Nederland', then click on 'Efteling'. Here I use just one folder of my V1 gallery: http://fotos.globetrotternet.nl/ To embed Imagevue I used iframe.

As you can see a lot of things are different between the gallery and the site: background, music turned off, no mainmenu, etc. But it are exactly the same pictures etc.

With V2 I can create a new theme with the blue background, and other thumbnail settings etc.
But I want to disable the audioplayer, the thumbnail scrollbar and the main menu. And these settings can only be made in the config settings.

Is it possible to create a second configUser.xml file, so I can use the V2 gallery in the same way as the V1 gallery?
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Oct 2008, 22:45

Good question!

Unfortunately, that is not possible yet, but we were thinking of allowing multiple configs. For example, you would have galleries like:

mygallery/?theme=gardener&config=this
mygallery/?theme=bluedragon&config=that

In the meantime, you should be able to use url parameters for specific values in the config, as long as they are enabled in the <url_params> setting in config and have a unique node name. Optionally, you can also put these parameters directly in your document with the flashvars.

Thanks for asking -

nolly

27 Oct 2008, 20:58

I always wanted to be able to have different configs by folder basis.
I used beta20080903 for a test to do this.
http://wowphoto.dk/beta20080903/

Heres how i did:
Create the different themes u want to use and for each theme set the startpath to the relevant imagefolder.
Then hide the imagefolders, create as many new folders and set them to "use as link".
and use a link in the form:
sitename.com/imagevuefolder/index.php?c=gallery&theme=yourcustomtheme
maybe it's not very elegant, it requires some work to set up, but it does the trik.

now with the latest beta, where the config & the theme is in 2 different xml files.
I can not see how i can recreate this form of configuration.

Anyway Karl you are saying you were thinking of allowing multiple configs.
I just hope we will be able to see that in v2 final.

Thanks for taking this in consideration.

Nic

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Oct 2008, 03:39

It will come within reasonable time ...

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert
Topic Author

26 Feb 2009, 05:13

Will this be available in one of the next updates?
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

26 Feb 2009, 12:31

In one of the next - certainly.
firedev.com

cyfroice

Did this get added?

20 Mar 2009, 02:47

I just purchased imagevue today and I need it to be able to run multiple galleries not just the one. Was the functionality ever added for multiple galleries/config files?

Thanks!

elpd
Experienced

Flashvar for audioplayer?

05 Jul 2010, 10:56

Hi there,

I'm using a special configuration for one particular slideshow and I want to turn on the audio player for this. Can I set the audio player to turn on with a flashvar? I used audioplayer: 'true' bud that doesn't work. Here are the vars that I'm currently using:

var flashVars = {
startpath: 'content/XXX/XXX/',
startshow: 'false',
startmode: 'image',
theme: 'testing'
};

Erik

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Flashvar for audioplayer?

05 Jul 2010, 13:00

Unfortunately, there are only a few parameters available to be set by URL(or flashvars). The rest are only available in the config file ...

Of course, I can see why you would want to set specific abstract parameters outside of the settings file, and this is something we will look into for next release. In next major release, you will also be able to create multiple CONFIG files, so you could have one specifically made for your slideshow(instead of setting flashvars).

elpd
Experienced

05 Jul 2010, 13:13

I'm really looking forward to that release!!!
Any idea when we can expect it?

Thanks for now....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: More configs possible?

24 Nov 2010, 08:53

Just a note in regards to this post, which I had saved from earlier -

In Imagevue X2.5 to be released next week, we have integrated a new system for changing config/settings on a per-folder basis and on a per-gallery basis.

1. First of all, there will be a new field in the admin for every folder, called Parameters. In this field, you can input specific settings for each and every folder. It uses dot syntax, and the settings are inherited directly from the config- and theme settings. Essentially, this means that all your folders can work differently. For example, to have a specific gallery folder start in imagemode (instead of thumbnails mode), you can input the following:
Code
settings.startmode=image
You can of course have multiple settings, like this:
Code
settings.startmode=image&image.slideshow.autostart=true
Basically, you can change ANY settings from the config and theme settings using the dot syntax. Just be aware that not all settings are changeable per folder.

2. You can use the same dot syntax as above to create gallery documents with unique settings through FLASHVARS. Just keep in mind you need to use the vertical-bar | for separating values instead of &. For example in your document:
Code
var flashVars = {
	parameters: 'settings.startmode=image|image.slideshow.autostart=true'
};
More information on this to follow after release ...